Thread: Sharpton Calls Out NRA: Why Aren't They Defending Black Gun Rights?

Sharpton Calls Out NRA: Why Aren't They Defending Black Gun Rights?

"Both of them were killed by police based on 'they had a gun,'" Sharpton said.

"Now I missed the NRA coming out and defending the gun rights they legally had. Where is the NRA? Where is [NRA president] Wayne LaPierre now? Do you have a Second Amendment right or did you not get down, Mr. Pierre, to the 14th, 15th and 16th amendments? Maybe you mean the Second Amendment is for whites only."
    http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/all...#ixzz4E2D22027

And there you have it, it's the nra's fault.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Not that a large portion of America understands this process anymore, especially Rev. Sharpton, but what the NRA said was they were not going to take a position until they knew what actually happened. For example, was the guy on the ground trying to pull a gun on the officer on top of him (perfectly possible, remember Trayvon Martin, he was on top). To do as he has done and pass a prejudiced judgement would come back to haunt them later.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

For starters the guy in Louisiana was a convicted felon and had no right to own any firearm. The guy in MN, I can't get a straight believable story on him, was he a cherub with a CCW or was he a Felon and was there a BOLO for him in regards to an armed robbery?

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    For starters the guy in Louisiana was a convicted felon and had no right to own any firearm. The guy in MN, I can't get a straight believable story on him, was he a cherub with a CCW or was he a Felon and was there a BOLO for him in regards to an armed robbery?
    Yep...... Still haven't seen a straight answer here either but Sharpton doesn't want facts either.....
    Amazing a guy that calls for gun control suddenly is all about gun rights.......Typical.

Little AL needs to pay his taxes then he can complain.,

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

the guy in Louisiana was definitely a shit bag, but im still up in the air on that one.

heres my problem. homeless guy sees a gun, calls police. police show up, dont know what happens, from all i can see, they tackle the guy. are holding him on the ground, one cop feels a gun in his pocket, yells "gun!!" other cop shoots him.

now this could have been a lawful gun owner standing there that bent over or reached for something and some pansy liberal calls the police. the police get there and tackle the guy (afaik, it is as of yet unknown if there was any kind of scuffle) he does not put his hands up, they are in front of him. this is perfectly understandable, if you are standing on the sidewalk and someone lunges at you and attacks you, you DO NOT put your hands up, you put them in front of you in a defensive manner, that how the body works. then a police man finds out he has a gun, and then he gets murdered.

to me this whole incident hinges on weather or not the responding officers had any previous knowledge of this person. if they just rolled up and shot someone because he had a gun, this is SOOOOO FUCKING WRONG, regardless of weather he was a felon or not. if they KNEW he was a felon and shouldnt have a gun, then i beleive the case can be made that the shooting was justified. but to just shoot someone because they have a gun, just because they think they are the only ones who should have guns, and most of them do not even know the law, weather the guy is a shit bag or not, it completely wrong.

the Minnesota guy, idk, he had (so the claim was) a permit to carry, which means, he should have at least passed a ncis check.....

This Sharpton is a fucking douchebag! the NRA supports the rights of ALL LAW ABIDING citizens to own guns. They have never picked and chose who they would support.

Did this fucking idiot forget when The NRA went to bat for that little old BLACK LADY who was arrested for defending herself with a gun that her son gave her. Someone tried to break into this little old lady's house and she was unfortunate enough to live in D.C. Her son, worried about her safety, gave her a gun, since she couldn't legally BUY one in DC. And because of the fucked up laws, she was arrested. The NRA came to her defense. She was not a criminal nor evildoer.

The NRA supports everyone's rights. But they don't support repeat offender violent criminals from getting guns. That's the LIE being pushed by the anti gun left. Sharpton's criticism is all that much more outrageous because of the LIES that the NRA wants 'criminals to get guns' and then is slammed for not supporting 'criminals owning guns'......