Thread: Midwest Industries MLoK hand guard

Question Midwest Industries MLoK hand guard

The wifey bought me a new upper last Christmas, and I slowly gathered all the parts I needed, one of those being a two piece drop in handguards for a mid length upper being one....well the damn things won't fit. The upper HG does but the lower is a lost cause....

Anybody know what I should do?
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

How can an upper handguard of a matched set fit and the bottom not fit?

Can you do a photo or two to show the issue? Is it this one?
    https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com...length_278.jpg
    Last edited by Schuetzenman; 07-11-2016 at 05:59 PM.

Yes...I can try
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

That is it...

Sorry, one of my young cousins died the other the other day, and I am still in shock...

Quote Originally Posted by Partisan1983 View Post
    Yeah, I linked an image of the mid length version earlier in your thread. The real question is why is the bottom (that is shorter) than the top half not fitting your rifle? It seems impossible that the upper that is longer can fit but the bottom can not.

My brother has a a Middy, next time he comes over we are gonna see if the HG's fit his...

Quote Originally Posted by Partisan1983 View Post
    My brother has a a Middy, next time he comes over we are gonna see if the HG's fit his...
    All my carbines are midlength but they are also converted to piston drive systems. Mid length should be about 9 inches.

Sorry so late...I got a hold of MI and they said that for mid-length rifles you need a triangle end cap...as in the old A1 style Vietnam era...WTF?!?!?

I can't remember the last time I have seen a triangle end cap on a AR...

Shouldn't matter. I've had round and triangle end caps and they both fit the handguards easily.

I don't know why I didn't think about it, but maybe I should try putting the bottom HG on first and then put the top on afterwards...

Dammit..still didn't work, the tabs are much wider than what will fit in the end cap