Thread: Do you post at a kinda racist site and feel bad about it? I DO!

Do you post at a kinda racist site and feel bad about it? I DO!

I post at a site. I will not name it, other than throwing out hints like tkmb. I can get amazing info at this place and yet! Sometimes I feel I am like at the storm front it can get so bad at times. I try to be the comic relief and stay away from the worst stuff. And yet at times the dindo nuffin jokes go way over the top to nig this nig that. I am very uncomfortable with that part. I voiced my opinions once and likely almost got banned. Yet at times the discussions and information can be spot on and informative. What should I do?

I suspect I will have to continue to hold my nose and take the good with the bad while politely trying to take the higher road. But I am not a racist by nature. Individuals may earn my anger, groups of individuals may earn the same, but the blanket condemnation as non-human whole classes of people, that is against my nature. My worst fear is being tainted by such associations, while hoping to be a moderating influence likely with little effect.
    Last edited by studmuffin; 07-11-2016 at 11:39 PM.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

It is funny to me that if someone is homosexual (or pretty much any other sexual deviancy) we say, but look at the work they do. Their private life has not bearing on how they work but say the wrong thing racially or against an immoral sexual act (which racism is, by the way) and you are ostracized. I would say that if you think you can be a positive influence on the site continue to visit. If you start to be turned by their influence then you should stop.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

What you're feeling is White Guilt, as espoused by the left. However, even reading their publications, or visiting their websites, is being exposed to racist ideas.

If you, regularly, read any of the Fed. Gov. websites since Barack Hussein came to power, those have become racist, too, as are his speeches.

You can't win. No matter what you do, or read, it's pretty much racist.

Just continue doing what you're doing and steer away from the stronger aspects of that website.

Heck, just supporting Trump is being called racist, now.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

As long as you aren't trying to organize a lynching then your good.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Well, no matter how polite and conscientious you are some people won't like you ..... even face to face.

You will probably have to be banned as I don't think they will wear you down.

I fear the race war the fedz, soros, and the rest are fomenting will make all this concern of being viewed as racist quite pointless.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

Is it another gun forum by chance?

Anywhore, If you're strong in your convictions, stand by them and stay there. Keep visiting. All sizeable forums (and some small ones) have ass hats among them. One thing I do love about this forum, the ass hats seem to have been weeded out.
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

Nope a post 2000 survival type forum. I have caught myself a couple of times with some odd thinking, and said wait a minute that is not me! Gheto snipes is one thing, hard working educated types who just happen to be another race is another. Know the difference between the sharks and the polite guppies I say. Sometimes even the sharks mean no harm. But then again we are living in interesting times and are being primed to not think and do very stupid things seemingly on a national scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive Perfector View Post
    Is it another gun forum by chance?

Anywhore, If you're strong in your convictions, stand by them and stay there. Keep visiting. All sizeable forums (and some small ones) have ass hats among them. One thing I do love about this forum, the ass hats seem to have been weeded out.

You mean like ferd and that guy who was always railing about the jooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooossss ssssssssssssssssss.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    It is funny to me that if someone is homosexual (or pretty much any other sexual deviancy) we say, but look at the work they do. Their private life has not bearing on how they work but say the wrong thing racially or against an immoral sexual act (which racism is, by the way) and you are ostracized. I would say that if you think you can be a positive influence on the site continue to visit. If you start to be turned by their influence then you should stop.

I get what you're saying there, however the difference in being gay and being racist is that one hurts themselves and the other hurts others.

I don't give a rat's ass about what modern thought police think is racist, but I avoid staying somewhere that the people genuinely view other human beings as being non-humans without rights. The same goes for liberals that view their ideological enemies as being without rights.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

Black Pride - Good

Latino Pride - Good

Asian Pride - Good

Indian Pride - Good

White Pride - Racist
    Nietzsche: From life's school of war: what does not kill me makes me stronger.