Thread: Nightforce 15-55x 52 competition scope - box test

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

Nightforce 15-55x 52 competition scope - box test

I finally saved up (and sold a few things) to buy this scope. It was a little over $2500 with the rings. Mounted it on my Sig Sauer SSG 3000 (it finally got the scope it deserves) Damn I like this thing, the clarity is amazing, I can see the hair on a fly at 100 yards, worth every penny.

The box grids are 8" or pretty close to that. I started at the center and moved up 8 MOA and then around the box to the right moving the reticle 8 moa with each move till I got back to the center and then did it again going around the box from the left and back to center. The scope tracks well, the open groups were me flinching when the guy next to me let loose with his .300 win mag. The groups off the grid line were because my nosy dog was helping while I laid out the lines and they're just a wee bit off. I'm going to take the scope off and re-mount it to tweak it a little to get things a little more squared up and level.

It was 100* at the range today and towards the end I wasn't letting the barrel cool. The ammo was Federal gold medal match 175 grn

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Looks like it gets the job done. Nightforce scopes are legendary, I've often thought about getting one but can't justify it. How about a photo of the scope on the rifle. You know so us poor folk can look at $2500 buck scope and drool a bit.
    Last edited by Schuetzenman; 07-17-2016 at 06:53 AM.

Trust me I ain't a rich guy and I never thought I would spend this much on a scope, but I did some spring cleaning and decided to clear out some of my roofing equipment from my contractor days. Going to retire in a year and might join one of the long range shooting clubs at Ben Avery. Nightforce optics sponsors the 1000 yd range. I'm pretty lucky to have such a world class facility 15 miles from my house

Yeah, that's nice looking. I've heard of that range, and you are lucky to be near it. Not that many 1000 yard ranges around, most are military it seems.

There is a young man who works at the range and is a member of the USA shooting team who had a hand in the development of nightforces competition scopes, woo hoo free tech advice

Quote Originally Posted by davepool View Post
    There is a young man who works at the range and is a member of the USA shooting team who had a hand in the development of nightforces competition scopes, woo hoo free tech advice

Lucky DAWG!