Thread: Canik TP9SA vs EAA SAR K2P...

Canik TP9SA vs EAA SAR K2P...

Was thinking getting of these. Leaning towards the 45acp and the 14rd mags vs the 9mm and the 18rd mag. Any comments about them?
    First Join on Jan 20th 2000

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Haven't had the pleasure of shooting either. The 9mm vs .45 ACP will get people going on both sides. They both have positives and negatives. .45 ACP more power transfer to target, 9mm more rounds to have to hit with etc. Those arguments don't change.

What do you plan to do with the pistol and which do you shoot better? This has become my decision point on calibers. Remember, it doesn't matter how much energy transfer there is or how many rounds you have available if you can't hit your intended target anyway.

I have a 1911 in .45 ACP but I most of my other pistols are in 9mm, especially my carry pistols. I seem to shoot them better than my .45 and I feel more comfortable with them. It is also nice that the ammo is less expensive for the 9mm.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

No experience with a Canik, I think Nutnfancy did a review video of one and liked it. As to caliber most folks will shoot the 9 mm more accurately due to the lighter bullets giving less recoil.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

I prefer a "high-capacity" striker-fired 9mm over hammer fired .45 for "serious" use, but that's just my preference; I don't believe one is inherently superior to the other. Having 5+ loaded 18 rounders ready to go just gives me the warm fuzzies.

The Canik has been more popular and traditionally easier to get magazines for, however I see that Mec-Gar makes .45 K2 mags now: http://gregcotellc.com/cart/eaa-witn...a9450dd803b399

Other problems with the K2 that I remember are that the sights were incompatible with any other handgun, and that there were no aftermarket grips available for it.

I have to say though, after looking at the K2 again, I would throw down the $350-375 to try one out.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Since you're already looking at Turkish pistols in this price range, go ahead and check out the Tri-Star CZ-75 clones. The P-120 is their version that resembles the CZ SP-01.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Years ago, I had a cz-40b in 40s&w and loved it. Being in southern mississippi near New Orleans so the 18rd sounds good but 45acp is no joke either. Was going to carry it in town and while hunting as a backup. We have hogs all around but haven't seen any large ones mostly around 80-100 maybe.
    First Join on Jan 20th 2000

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RogerLee View Post
    Years ago, I had a cz-40b in 40s&w and loved it. Being in southern mississippi near New Orleans so the 18rd sounds good but 45acp is no joke either. Was going to carry it in town and while hunting as a backup. We have hogs all around but haven't seen any large ones mostly around 80-100 maybe.
    If you want to be able to use it as a backup on Hogs, definitely go .45 ACP and carry the 230 gr. FMJ round for penetration. Hogs as you may know have a double walled skull and 9 mm has a slim chance of getting through with those lighter bullets.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Not sure a .45 would do much other than really piss a guy like this off.

Still, a .45 is better than nothing....

"Jamison Stone's father says the hog his son killed weighed a 1,051 pounds and measured 9-feet-4 from the tip of its snout to the base of its tail. Think hams as big as car tires."

"He said he shot the huge animal eight times with a .50-caliber revolver and chased it for three hours through hilly woods before finishing it off with a point-blank shot."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2007/05...-hogzilla.html
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Even in that picture, that kid looks over 10 ft away behind it. PERSPECTIVE!!!!

BISHOP

Quote Originally Posted by BISHOP View Post
    Even in that picture, that kid looks over 10 ft away behind it. PERSPECTIVE!!!!

BISHOP

Yep. Since the onset of the internet and affordable digital photography, hunters have become experts at manipulating perspective.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Here's some other shots of it:

"Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Yeah, suddenly the revolver is twice as big and the "little kid" and his dad look like deflating blimps.