Thread: This really sucks :( Actor takes plea deal to not end up in prison for TOY GUN on set.....

This really sucks :( Actor takes plea deal to not end up in prison for TOY GUN on set.....

http://nj1015.com/nj-actor-arrested-...eal-after-all/

I know this story was already posted here, but the PEOPLE'S REPUBLIK of NEW JERSEY won this round. The guy is taking the plea, because they threatened him with 30 YEARS (!) in prison for handling a TOY GUN on a movie set.

According to Middlesex County Prosecutors .... it was the duty of the background ACTOR, to check and see if the production company had filed all of their permits correctly...... SERIOUSLY..... it's like demanding that any of us, working on a crew on a construction site should OURSELVES make sure that the company which hired us filed all the proper paperwork (the many different types of paperwork) with the various governmental agencies, BEFORE, we start work on a project.

FUCK NEW JERSEY!

They make California look sane. And that's a feat....

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Ok, he's a 2 time felon for theft and that works against him. I do agree that the "Bellario’s responsibility to perform his own due diligence and make sure permits had been obtained" is total bullshit. Also it's an Airsoft, not a real firearm for fuck sake!

Read More: Up to 30 years in prison avoided: Actor takes plea deal for having prop gun | http://nj1015.com/nj-actor-arrested-...ckback=tsmclip

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Wow. It's gonna get worse by the day I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Ok, he's a 2 time felon for theft and that works against him.
    This would probably have been a slap on the wrists if it was not for the 2 previous felonies.
    When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail." ----- Jack Burton 1986

Quote Originally Posted by Phil125 View Post
    This would probably have been a slap on the wrists if it was not for the 2 previous felonies.
    The problem here is that being a felon doesn't strip you of your rights to possess a TOY GUN. Only REAL GUNS. I can understand it if he was handling a live firearm. But a TOY/AIRSOFT? That's where New Jersey crossed the line to FULL retard...

I'm not sure about the slap on the wrist. New Jersey has turned fucking stupid. There are now SEVERAL news reports of LEGAL gun owners being arrested just for driving THROUGH that shit hole called New Jersey. They were legal gun owners from neighboring states. Chris Christie SHOULD have taken steps to throw out those bullshit regulations and because he never did, I will never think anything good of him....

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

Let's see a full pardon from Christie. Will he do it?

Probably not.
    Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

Let's hope that it is a "cold day in Hell" before any more movies or TV shows are shot in NJ. Hit them in the pocketbook!
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    Let's hope that it is a "cold day in Hell" before any more movies or TV shows are shot in NJ. Hit them in the pocketbook!
    I feel kinda sorry for the production company, since they're a bunch of guys (small time operators) who LIVE in New Jersey.

I DO know that bigger California productions have New Jersey on a list of "Difficult to do business with" in regards to film production already. New York is horrendous, but people find a way to make it work. Did you know that any shot in the movie "CLOVERFIELD" that had armored vehicles and firing guns, were NOT filmed in NYC? They mocked up streets in California to look like New York because NYC's gun control laws make California's look 'normal'. If a film has to be in 'New Jersey" i know that they'll just film most of it somewhere else (Canada) and just have a few establishing shots of Jersey.