Thread: SF officer suspected of making prohibited assault rifle

SF officer suspected of making prohibited assault rifle

A San Francisco police officer was arrested after an investigation revealed he manufactured and possessed a prohibited AR-15 style assault rifle, police said Tuesday.
    http://www.sfgate.com/crime/article/...lt-8437119.php
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Read the article, watched the video and read the comments.

I wonder how it could be a felony since federal laws say the AR-15 is perfectly legal. Oh, I know it is commiefornia.

Too bad the cop didn't live in Indiana, he would be just one of the guys and not someone that got ratted out by a fellow officer.

I know it. When my bro and his fam was threatened by some guy they were looking for over a stabbing, I went out and bought him a brand new ar15a2 just like he used in the army to carry in his patrol car, wich had the standard rem 870 dash mounted. He went out and qualified with it and carried it whenever he was on duty. The stabbing guy was eventually taken down by about 13 officers in a raid. Hopefully this goes to scrotus and they rule in favor of the constitution.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Wow, I'm trying to figure out how many guys I know haven't built a semi-auto M4gery of some kind.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    A San Francisco police officer was arrested after an investigation revealed he manufactured and possessed a prohibited AR-15 style assault rifle, police said Tuesday.
    What I think is a felony in CA is to make a new one that would be 'banned' under our state's moronic laws. They double charge for Manufacturing and also possessing. Cops CAN buy stuff with department letterhead, but what it sounds like is that he had a blank receiver which he built up himself. It's stupid because that VERY ACTION, especially for a COP, is nothing special in MOST Of the states in America. It's a 'technical crime' which is always bullshit. So what one guy does in Montana that is perfectly legal is suddenly a felony in California. that's the insanity of Gun laws that make mere 'actions that don't merit a second glance in most other places' to become suddenly a heinous crime.

I hope his case goes to SCOTUS. Them trying to slam down an active duty police officer, is the kind of prosecution that looks promising for a higher court doing the right thing.

Of course, If HILLARY wins then we'll have a LEFTARD SCOTUS for the rest of our lives....

Scotus is no longer our friend Guys. They won't slap down and Second Amendment breeches. I don't think.

Meanwhile in Kalifornia;
    California to proclaim August “Muslim Appreciation and Awareness Month”

July 30, 2016 11:36 am By Robert Spencer 135 Comments

‪This is being done at the behest of Hamas-linked CAIR. Is Assemblymember Bill Quirk aware that Hamas-linked CAIR is an unindicted co-conspirator in a Hamas terror funding case — so named by the Justice Department? CAIR officials have repeatedly refused to denounce Hamas and Hizballah as terrorist groups. Several former CAIR officials have been convicted of various crimes related to jihad terror. CAIR’s cofounder and longtime Board chairman (Omar Ahmad), as well as its chief spokesman (Ibrahim Hooper), have made Islamic supremacist statements. (Ahmad denies this, but the original reporter stands by her story.) A California chapter distributed a poster telling Muslims not to talk to the FBI, and a Florida chapter distributed pamphlets with the same message. CAIR has opposed virtually every anti-terror measure that has been proposed or implemented and has been declared a terror organization by the United Arab Emirates.
    https://www.jihadwatch.org/2016/07/c...wareness-month

The title is confusing. What is an "assault rifle"?
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    Wow, I'm trying to figure out how many guys I know haven't built a semi-auto M4gery of some kind.

I never built one. All of mine are 6520 clones (old Colt carbine style - like this):

... and one M16E1 "Vietnam Style" clone (with the wrong lower, but otherwise not too bad):

(click for ginormous full res)

Never built an M4 style though....

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Meanwhile in Kalifornia;
    California to proclaim August “Muslim Appreciation and Awareness Month”

July 30, 2016 11:36 am By Robert Spencer 135 Comments

‪This is being done at the behest of Hamas-linked CAIR. Is Assemblymember Bill Quirk aware that Hamas-linked CAIR is an unindicted co-conspirator in a Hamas terror funding case — so named by the Justice Department? CAIR officials have repeatedly refused to denounce Hamas and Hizballah as terrorist groups. Several former CAIR officials have been convicted of various crimes related to jihad terror. CAIR’s cofounder and longtime Board chairman (Omar Ahmad), as well as its chief spokesman (Ibrahim Hooper), have made Islamic supremacist statements. (Ahmad denies this, but the original reporter stands by her story.) A California chapter distributed a poster telling Muslims not to talk to the FBI, and a Florida chapter distributed pamphlets with the same message. CAIR has opposed virtually every anti-terror measure that has been proposed or implemented and has been declared a terror organization by the United Arab Emirates.
    https://www.jihadwatch.org/2016/07/c...wareness-month
    Well, I don't need a whole month to be aware of muslims. There's hardly a day that goes by without some mulsim POS beheading someone, or slitting someone's throat, or stoning some woman, or blowing a bunch of people up. The only ones NOT aware of this are liberals/dimocrats/progressives.

As for appreciation, there is nothing I would appreciate more than bunch of dead jihadis lined up, on the ground, as far as the eye can see. I would, also, appreciate them leaving the US.

That's about the extent of my appreciation and awareness of muslims.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Nice rifle Krup. I want my son to build me one that has the old Veitnam era look to it with the triangular forestock.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    The title is confusing. What is an "assault rifle"?
    Something only those running the state of commiefornia know what it is, and only because they determined any rifle they don't like is an assault rifle, because it assaults their sense of right and wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    Nice rifle Krup. I want my son to build me one that has the old Veitnam era look to it with the triangular forestock.

Thanks! It's my son's rifle. He didn't want a carbine, he wanted a "Vietnam style" AR, so I made it.

Here's a pic with the bayo attached (looks mean, huh?)

(As usual, click pic for hi res)