Thread: So, I'm thinking about picking one or two last EBRs before Kalifornistan bans them all......

So, I'm thinking about picking one or two last EBRs before Kalifornistan bans them all......

Just as a fuck you to The California Legislature...... Will pick up the CA legal versions before the deadline.

So recommendations?

KRISS Mk V?

Tavor?

Or another Steyr AUG?
    (I have pre 1989 AUGs, but I don't have any of the newer style AUGs)

Don't bother recommending any AK, AR, HK G3, or FN FAL variant. I already got lots of those. I'm looking for a gun platform I don't already have. If any of you guys have experience shooting any of the above three firearms, please let me know.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    Just as a fuck you to The California Legislature...... Will pick up the CA legal versions before the deadline.

So recommendations?

KRISS Mk V?

Tavor?

Or another Steyr AUG?
    (I have pre 1989 AUGs, but I don't have any of the newer style AUGs)

Don't bother recommending any AK, AR, HK G3, or FN FAL variant. I already got lots of those. I'm looking for a gun platform I don't already have. If any of you guys have experience shooting any of the above three firearms, please let me know.

Kriss carbine or AUG for collectibility only. Tavor if you want a shooter as well.

If the Kriss were an SBR or a pistol with a brace, I'd be more interested. I do believe they have a folding brace coming out for it that works like the folding stock, but with a rubber U with velcro instead of a solid buttpad, which apparently the only qualifying difference between a stock and a brace.

I have a CZ Scorpion pistol and like ti a lot. Again, it does need a brace or SBR.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Thanks!

I was thinking the KRISS, just because it's so weird. As a pistol it's kinda pointless (FUN but pointless) like an AK pistol. A fun toy but too heavy and unless it's an SBR with a stock or select fire, there is no 'practical' reason for it. But the carbine version (with the extended barrel and fake 'can' for legal length) can be a handy 9mm or 45 acp rifle.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    I like odd-ball firearms to, so the KRISS jumps right out, especially the carbine with folding stock, but then so does that rifle from the future, the AUG and it's variation USR.

I agree that the Tavor would make a great shooter since it is in high volumn production.

Good luck, I honestly don't think you would go wrong with any of the three, but for pure oddity, the KRISS.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Check out the new "arm brace" they have for the Kriss:

Its also going to be available in 10mm soon.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...tol-arm-brace/
    Last edited by FunkyPertwee; 07-29-2016 at 02:44 PM.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

I say Tavor. IMO as already stated the Kriss makes sense only if it is select fire / SBR. 9 mm if you like more trigger time for the dollar. .45 ACP if you want to hit harder.