Thread: Suicide Squad

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Thumbs up Suicide Squad

Going to see it tomorrow. Anyone seen it or planning to?
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Planning on checking it out within the next week or so.

I've read the reviews and think I'll pass. Let us know what you think of it.
    - Change it back -

Was watching one of the movie reviewers on FNC yesterday and he commented that a lot of the movie reviewers were raking it over the coals but the fans were loving it. I'll post my review later today. I know there have been more than a few movies in the past that had rave reviews and I thought they sucked, a few others were dissed by the reviewer but I actually enjoyed the movie. All I'm hoping for with Suicide Squad is action and some humor. Oh, and maybe a little sex.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Forget reviews, those guys are dicks. Anyway, if you go to see a movie to see a movie, ie have fun, eat popcorn, and drink soda, you'll seldom be disappointed.
    I just watched all of the terminator franchise and enjoyed each of them as movies, even though the last 2 of the series were panned in many reviews. Terminator 2 was actually better than before with the uncut scenes.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

critics just run their mouths for click-bait.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

My wife and I just got back. We both enjoyed it. Action and some comedy/humor. Some of the characters were a little lame and were kind of just thrown into the mix, literally last minute for some. It was not the best movie I've seen this year but it was a long ways from the worst so for the price of a ticket I thought it was money well spent. The sound track is pretty good too.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068