Thread: Military Response To Armed Takeover In The US

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Military Response To Armed Takeover In The US

After reading this article, I'm thinking it's based more on fantasy than fact. The CMSPO is trying to show an orderly, gentle restoration of power, while I'm thinking it would be more like what happened in Waco, with lots of shooting, killing and destruction (just to make a show of how powerful the Fed is).

Plus, I doubt an insurrection would take over just one town and seal it off. I believe it would be more like guerrilla warfare than true combat confrontation.

http://www.businessinsider.com/us-mi...bellion-2016-8
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

It looks like their model is the Battle of Athens or, even more recently, the Malheur Refuge standoff. It seems to me if things really got hot it would go down more like the French Resistance of WWII.

I'm thinking small scale hit and run attacks and targeted assassinations. It would be more effective and less likely to result in the resistance getting wiped out in a set-piece battle. The elites would never feel safe in their gated communities, knowing someone could quietly take them out during the night.

Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

It certainly won't be one small town. It will be something that starts all over the country. And the military will not have anywhere near the resources to put it down. And that's if the military is 100% on-board which I seriously doubt.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

They'll do what they did last time (Civil War) and get fresh off the boat immigrants who are only loyal to a paycheck

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    They'll do what they did last time (Civil War) and get fresh off the boat immigrants who are only loyal to a paycheck

Been saying that for years now.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

Remember that great Saying: It is better to Die Fighting on your Feet as a Free Man, Than Craw on you Knees as a Slave!!!
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

In Loving Memory of CW4. Paul E. Truitt 22-September, 1929, 23-February, 2018.

In Loving Memory of Montell W. Truitt 8 March, 1933, 3 June, 2021

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2014 Hatedbysheeple's Avatar

Since 90+% of combat arms is white, conservative, male, they would have to. Or push support personnel into combat positions and I would say less than 30% of them would play along. Most would simply go home and not come into work, or join with the combat arms guys.
    Initial Success or Total Failure

In the guise of the UN, due to a recently heralded agreement;
    https://freedomfightertimes.com/end-...itary-us-soil/
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Then they will die quickly... there won't be time to train them properly...
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    After reading this article, I'm thinking it's based more on fantasy than fact. The CMSPO is trying to show an orderly, gentle restoration of power, while I'm thinking it would be more like what happened in Waco, with lots of shooting, killing and destruction (just to make a show of how powerful the Fed is).

Plus, I doubt an insurrection would take over just one town and seal it off. I believe it would be more like guerrilla warfare than true combat confrontation.

http://www.businessinsider.com/us-mi...bellion-2016-8
    From your link:
    Precedents for fighting an insurrection
    Benson and Weber cite Abraham Lincoln’s executive actions during the Civil War and Dwight Eisenhower’s 1957 intervention in Little Rock, Arkansas as precedents for the executive use of force in crushing a rebellion. The President would be able to mobilize the military and Department of Homeland Security to recapture a secessionist city and restore the elected government.

The government would invoke the Insurrection Act of 1807 to form a response:
    From Title 10 US Code the President may use the militia or Armed Forces to:
    § 331 – Suppress an insurrection against a State government at the request of the Legislature or, if not in session, the Governor.
    § 332 – Suppress unlawful obstruction or rebellion against the U.S.
    § 333 – Suppress insurrection or domestic violence if it (1) hinders the execution of the laws to the extent that a part or class of citizens are deprived of Constitutional rights and the State is unable or refuses to protect those rights or (2) obstructs the execution of any Federal law or impedes the course of justice under Federal laws.)

How does this fit in with:
    IN CONGRESS, July 4, 1776.

The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America,

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.
    Sounds like all out war is the only choice... and I don't think the majority of our military forces would obey orders to fire - en-masse - upon US citizens.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    In the guise of the UN, due to a recently heralded agreement;
    https://freedomfightertimes.com/end-...itary-us-soil/

Blue helmet = easy to see target.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Where do you think the phrase "cannon fodder" originated??

Krupski - just like the "redcoats" uniforms!
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

The other day some soldiers from the Sudanese army raped and robbed westerners one mile from the UN peacekeeping mission, who were begged for assistance and ignored the calls.
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/rampaging...110950155.html

You can bet the US would be flooded by "UN" troops from China, Russia, Venezuela, Iran, etc etc at the first call of 0bama for assistance. Also, I can see the 0bama regime challenging a Trump victory in November as the result of Putin hacking the vote, and refuting the election. That wouldn't sit very well with a lot of people.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

The other day some soldiers from the Sudanese army raped and robbed westerners one mile from the UN peacekeeping mission, who were begged for assistance and ignored the calls.
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/rampaging...110950155.html

You can bet the US would be flooded by "UN" troops from China, Russia, Venezuela, Iran, etc etc at the first call of 0bama for assistance. Also, I can see the 0bama regime challenging a Trump victory in November as the result of Putin hacking the vote, and refuting the election. That wouldn't sit very well with a lot of people.
    We all know that, everything being equal and unaltered, Trump will beat Hitlery by a landslide. IF anything is pulled by anyone, to give Hitlery the win, then we all will know that that move is rigged, no matter what the excuse.

I agree. That won't sit well at all.

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Freedom isn't free.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

They might not have to wait for election chaos to call in the un, the recent rioting and police justly and unjustly taking out criminals might "justify" 0bama calling in "help" from outside, you know, to protect civilians from police terror.
    http://abcnewsgo.co/2016/08/ag-lynch...rship-with-un/

They might not have to wait for election chaos to call in the un, the recent rioting and police justly and unjustly taking out criminals might "justify" 0bama calling in "help" from outside, you know, to protect civilians from police terror.
    http://abcnewsgo.co/2016/08/ag-lynch...rship-with-un/
    That would be a breach of sovereignty and an act worthy of treason. It wouldn't sit well with the citizens either. Whatever soldiers were brought in would become automatic targets.

Freedom isn't free.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Back when there was a great feeling of patriotism after winning WWII president Ike didn't have a problem with military vs people. Fortunately for we the people our military today isn't happy with the current regime. I seriously doubt many today would go full Kent State.