Thread: So everything finally arrived ...

So everything finally arrived ...

And the Jack in 6.5 Creedmoor is finally built

I didn't like the balance of the LuthAR stock and ended up getting another PRS ... And the Versa-Pod wasnt tall enough so I borrowed the Atlas of thr SSG since shooting the 308 is against the doctors orders ... But soon maybe.

Anyway, I took it out and shot 16 rounds of factory ammo and on the way home I got to thinking about my other JP Enterprise in 223 ... It's still a dangerous gun to be in front of, even out to 600 yards. It's been sitting on a Bushmaster lower for close to 20 years and and I have the small frame Jack I thought it would be right at home on so I did some moving around

And they both weigh 13 pounds

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

I like those lowers! That red inside the forearm is cool as well. I have to say, though, I am not taken with the flash hider on the lower rifle, but if you want to give it to me I will definitely not turn it down!
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Nice rifles!

Not really my style, but I bet they are all tack drivers.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Thanks for the replies ...
    Both of these are capable of groups under 1/2" at 100 ... The art on the receivers is just candy. The bottom one is nearly 20 years old and though I've never kept track of the rounds, I know it's had well over 10,000 rounds down the tube, which is why I went with JP again. I've shot it out to 535 yards and my best groups have been just over 3.25 inches. It might be capable of better, but that's my best.

The "red" under the handguard is actually a finned heat sink and is available in many colors, it's function is much like that of one on a CPU in a computer and it draws out the heat, although I don't know why the one on top is so short, the one on the 223 goes from the end of the chamber almost to the gas block. I'm should have called them before I shot it but didn't realize it was so short until I saw them together.

The compensator on the bottom is the JP Recoil Eleminator and it's very effective, I can actually watch my impacts through the scope as long as I don't blink ... JP has, or used to have a video of a guy shooting a short barrel M16, one handed in F/A with a beta mag, there was no muzzle rise which is what convinced me to get one, however now days I trade it out for a suppressor when I'm not shooting for groups.
    Last edited by kimberkid; 08-14-2016 at 10:44 AM.

Those JP's are nice if you're doing serious shooting.

Kinda in a holding pattern for anything new/elaborate right now. I've been making my own stuff which is slightly more interesting to me right now than whats on the shelves.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    Those JP's are nice if you're doing serious shooting.

Kinda in a holding pattern for anything new/elaborate right now. I've been making my own stuff which is slightly more interesting to me right now than whats on the shelves.
    I took my first stab at working up a load for it today, I can't say I was disappointed

I also shot a 3" dinger at 300 yards intended for the varmint shooters with their 22-250's and such ... It had fresh paint on it and I hit it 4 of 5 shots with 3 touching.

hard to beat that with an autoloader.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

I can't see the photos!

Humm ... Anyone else having a problem?

Here's one with a 10 round mag ... Makes me wish it had a jaw-bone

I'd be happy with that target!
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

NRA Endowment Member

no issues with the pics here.

if it could be integrally fed like a sks/fal with strippers and the jaws closed as it emptied that would be nifty. OR..... if they made a run of matching p-mags .
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

I can see them all now. I don't know what was going yesterday. They look good, I see you have that finned thing under the handguards again.

Still playing with Big Jack

Last week I loaded a few rounds on the Dillon without weighing out every powder drop, I shot a this 5-shot group of 1.125" at 200 yards ... still working on it.

Nice!

Still working on it!?! 200 yards looks good to me!

NRA Endowment Member

I was shooting at 435 yards this afternoon at a friends "farm" and had a 2 5/8" four shot group (I was shooting 5-shot groups but this was my last 5rounds) I flinched and called it "bad" ... It's I the upper right hand corner of the picture below ... it would have given me a 8" group so I'm not including it in the group
    If I'd had more ammo I'd have just shot another round or target, but that will have to be another day.

So, just to brag a bit, here's today's 435 yard target

Last edited by kimberkid; 09-08-2016 at 09:50 PM.

It seems to have potential. BTY what ammo are you shooting, commercial, hand loads or surplus? What bullet weight?

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    It seems to have potential. BTY what ammo are you shooting, commercial, hand loads or surplus? What bullet weight?
    I'm shooting hand loads ... sort-of, I loaded them on my Dillon 550b. These are 123 grain Hornaday A-max projectiles in Hornaday brass with ~37.9 grains of Varget with Winchester standard Large Rifle primers.

I say "~37.9" because that's what I started with and the first 20 rounds I trickeled each one so they were exact ... Then I just started checking them to see how much variance there actually was and my powder drop would vary from about 37.6 to 38 grains. Deciding that the group was "good enough" that I wasn't going to take the time to weigh and adjust each round I now just run them through and this is what I've ended up with ... and I'm ok with it ... at least until I get some better brass. What I've seen in 100 pieces of new Hornady brass cases, with out primer or powder will vary in weight by 2.1 grains.