Thread: Univision Women

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Univision Women

For the past few weeks, I've been watching Univision (trying to condition my ears to hearing Spanish and learning a little of it, too).

The one big thing I've noticed is that none of the women hostesses, or stars on their shows, are Mexican. Just about all of the women are tall, light complected (could pass of White), well figured and very beautiful.

Most of the men are light complected, too, and much taller than Mexicans.

I know they use a lot of South American people, but does anyone know which country, or countries, most of them come from?

I have no idea what they're saying, but they (the women) are very easy to watch when they say it.

Actually, Univision TV women put American TV women to shame, in the looks department.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 T2K's Avatar

Mexican is a nationality, not a race.

The non-PC answer to your question is that, in Mexico and other Latin American countries, there are white / Euro-origin minorities and they are often in higher socio-economic positions (actors, news anchors fall into that). Argentina is essentially a white country, most people are of Italian or German origin. Southern Brazil is very German. Specific to Mexico, there are Spanish-descended people that are as Euro as any whitey in the US. These people have no interest in illegally immigrating to the US.

I know nothing about Univision specifically, though. You could google the names you see on the screen and find out.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T2K View Post
    Mexican is a nationality, not a race.

The non-PC answer to your question is that, in Mexico and other Latin American countries, there are white / Euro-origin minorities and they are often in higher socio-economic positions (actors, news anchors fall into that). Argentina is essentially a white country, most people are of Italian or German origin. Southern Brazil is very German. Specific to Mexico, there are Spanish-descended people that are as Euro as any whitey in the US. These people have no interest in illegally immigrating to the US.

I know nothing about Univision specifically, though. You could google the names you see on the screen and find out.
    I'll have to check out looking up the names and seeing if they mention their nationality.

I've taught two girls from Argentina and they were both slender and taller than most of the Mexican students I taught.

I have an idea that many of the Univision personalities are from Argentina.

Thanks.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

The DARK Mexicans are mestizos, aka those who take after the native Indian features MORE than others. I've been to Mexico City. Tons of Mexicans are fair skinned, some even have blonde hair. They're Mexicans. Their ancestors were European Spaniards (and some French) and New World "Indians (native Americans". Most Mexicans have some Spaniard blood in them. We're so used to the DARK ones, because those are the uneducated ones from small villages that illegally cross the border. Mexico ALSO encourages the 'dark ones' to leave the country, even though there are tons of 'light skinned' ones who stay. hmmmmmm.

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

Wow, this just reminded me of an old g/f who was born in Mexico City. She was 1/2 Arab, 1/4 French, 1/4 Mestizo...and 100% batshit crazy. Damn, she was beautiful but way too high maintenance.

Good times.........
    Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2015 davepool's Avatar

[QUOTE=T2K;448684]Mexican is a nationality, not a race.

I know nothing about Univision specifically, though. You could google the names you see on the screen and find out.[/QUOTE

Yep, ain't it funny when the lily-white liberal punks call us racist cause we oppose cheap labor from mexico flooding our country.

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    I'll have to check out looking up the names and seeing if they mention their nationality.

I've taught two girls from Argentina and they were both slender and taller than most of the Mexican students I taught.

I have an idea that many of the Univision personalities are from Argentina.

Thanks.
    In 1976, I was part of a college zoology field trip from Southern Illinois to San Diego and back (in 29 DAYS!!). On that trip were 3 foreign exchange students from Venezuela. The 18 y.o. male was ~5' 7-8" and fairly dark-skinned. One of the two females was tall (5' 7-8"), slender, and light-skinned enough that you might think she had a fantastic tan instead. The other girl was only about 4'10"-5' and even darker than the male student.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    For the past few weeks, I've been watching Univision (trying to condition my ears to hearing Spanish and learning a little of it, too).

The one big thing I've noticed is that none of the women hostesses, or stars on their shows, are Mexican. Just about all of the women are tall, light complected (could pass of White), well figured and very beautiful.

Most of the men are light complected, too, and much taller than Mexicans.

I know they use a lot of South American people, but does anyone know which country, or countries, most of them come from?

I have no idea what they're saying, but they (the women) are very easy to watch when they say it.

Actually, Univision TV women put American TV women to shame, in the looks department.

Meh...same as the anchors on the local news here.

Lots of mex, southern euro, and black and asian viewers but all three local stations use anchors who match that description to a tee. Tall good looking northern euro types very pleasing to the eye. Oh sure they have token reporters out there but the anchors are all lily-white.

But honestly...that's what we all want to look at and desire.....including the darkies.
    Last edited by weevil; 08-24-2016 at 10:35 PM.
    Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket???