Thread: I hate a CT scan.

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

I hate a CT scan.

Rhe contrast fluid gives me a burning sensation in my nether regions.

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    Rhe contrast fluid gives me a burning sensation in my nether regions.
    at least you can GET a CT scan. I have such a high deductible on my insurance that I can't afford it right now

I had one some years ago. Same thing.
    The ONLY place it burned was the exit only. And only when they were scanning.

BISHOP

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Never had a CAT but recently had an MRI. I was pretty happy with the results. It proved I do have a brain!
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Well I was diagnosed with diverticulitis. It sucks, but it is curable. It would certainly explain the abdominal pain and vloating. I have a few days off work to sit on my porch and chill.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Can't do an MRI, but would love to for my hip and back.

The open mri is not bad. The old style gave me a panic attack.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

Plus 1 on the open MRI. Smatter of fact I just had one about 2 hours ago for a busted right knee. They beat hell out of the closed-coffin feel of the old ones.
    Nietzsche: From life's school of war: what does not kill me makes me stronger.

Someone I know noticed some issues they were having, weakness, etc stuff beyond the normal day to day, so they had a endoscopy and a zillion other tests, and finally, a cat scan after no doctor, test, or bloodwork saw anything to explain what was going on. The cat scan sees pretty much everything, where a endoscope doesn't see much beyond some testines. The cat scan revealed pancreatic cancer, and it had spread to various places. About two weeks later they died. If you or someone you know is having issues and getting no answers, you might want to get a cat scan.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    Never had a CAT but recently had an MRI. I was pretty happy with the results. It proved I do have a brain!
    I had a brain/orbital MRI a few weeks ago (with and without contrast) that required 90 minutes. My advice to anyone having an MRI is to ask the technician to let you know from time to time how much time has passed. I am not particularly claustrophobic, but I found the 90 minute MRI to be uncomfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by jet3534 View Post
    I had a brain/orbital MRI a few weeks ago (with and without contrast) that required 90 minutes. My advice to anyone having an MRI is to ask the technician to let you know from time to time how much time has passed. I am not particularly claustrophobic, but I found the 90 minute MRI to be uncomfortable.
    I went to sleep for mine. Not a particularly comfortable place but after living on submarines I can sleep anywhere!
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

NRA Endowment Member

I had a MRI with contrast almost 5 months ago. I'm not claustrophobic but because of the need to stay still and it was going to be long, I just closed my eyes. DAMN those things are loud even with earplugs.

I had my head done due to the sudden inability to taste and smell since LAST January. They said that nothing was found. but my smell is WAY off and taste is non existent.
    THEN the VA called me back and said they need to do another one because of "something with the contrast" Which I think is bullshit!!!! They found something and need to see if it got worse 6 months later.

BISHOP

Quote Originally Posted by BISHOP View Post
    I had my head done due to the sudden inability to taste and smell since LAST January. They said that nothing was found. but my smell is WAY off and taste is non existent.
    THEN the VA called me back and said they need to do another one because of "something with the contrast" Which I think is bullshit!!!! They found something and need to see if it got worse 6 months later.

BISHOP
    I hope that is not the case. Keep us updated.

NRA Endowment Member

Yup made me a little un-nerved also, didn't like it one bit.