Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buddy R.I.P. 8/1/2006 to 8/28/2016

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Buddy was a rescue. A veterinarian was jogging and saw this preteen girl swinging him around by his leash attached to a throat collar. He yelled at the kid to stop swinging the dog and the kids Father was within earshot. Said "hey you can't tell my kid what to do"! The vet told him that was hurting the dog, then a 3 or 4 month old puppy. Anyway the vet purchased Buddy on the spot and placed him with a foster parent / care taker until he was adopted out.

I have terrible pet allergies, I get asthma from furry animals; cats, dogs, horses, etc. Buddy is the only dog I never had even the slightest reaction to. The dogs we had as family pets as a kid were mostly out doors dogs, so I didn't have to put up with their dander funk inside a house. Anyway, it is next to impossible that we can find another dog as compatible allergy wise. I'm not planning on looking but .... who knows?

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Buddy was a rescue. A veterinarian was jogging and saw this preteen girl swinging him around by his leash attached to a throat collar. He yelled at the kid to stop swinging the dog and the kids Father was within earshot. Said "hey you can't tell my kid what to do"! The vet told him that was hurting the dog, then a 3 or 4 month old puppy. Anyway the vet purchased Buddy on the spot and placed him with a foster parent / care taker until he was adopted out.

I have terrible pet allergies, I get asthma from furry animals; cats, dogs, horses, etc. Buddy is the only dog I never had even the slightest reaction to. The dogs we had as family pets as a kid were mostly out doors dogs, so I didn't have to put up with their dander funk inside a house. Anyway, it is next to impossible that we can find another dog as compatible allergy wise. I'm not planning on looking but .... who knows?

Poodles are supposed to be good for allergies. I'm on my second standard poodle. This one's all mine, meaning not shared with family etc. My uncle has four standards of his own.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Sorry to hear that Sheutz.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Morris View Post
    try googling Rainbow Bridge Poem
    Aw man, I knew I shouldn't have click on this thread, screens all blurry now

Sorry for your loss Schuetzenman
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Full Otto View Post
    Aw man, I knew I shouldn't have click on this thread, screens all blurry now

Sorry for your loss Schuetzenman
    Thanks Otto.

My condolences for the passing of your companion.

Schuetz - condolences on your family's loss. There is no better way to have "unconditional love" known to man than to have a dog.
    My 14 y. 7 mth. GSH died in Feb. '07. Three years later, my mixed breed died at 15 y. 7 mth., also in February.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JTHunter; 08-31-2016 at 11:54 PM.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Thank you JTHunter. Nice looking dog you posted. The ages of your friends is, well what you expect for a K9's life span. Unfortunately four our Buddy his bad heart valve took him just a tad over 10 years. My wife is taking it very hard as she was with him every day since we got him in Nov. 2006.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12