Thread: so i learned a lesson on internet privacy tonight

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

so i learned a lesson on internet privacy tonight

I had all my facebook shit set as public so anyone can see it. Yes I know bookface is for little girls. But my family in Newfoundland uses it for keeping in touch with family here in nova Scotia. So anyway. Some random fruit started putting heart emoji on all the pics I have on there of my son and when I asked him what he was doing it for, he pmmd me a picture of his dick. Long story short by the time I was finished his mid thirtys daughter had to pm me and apologize for him. I almost had a lynch mob rounded up lol. He is now banned from the buy sell group by the mods. That's where he found me. facebook will probably ban him completely when they get the report. He is an actual nut on meds and spends time locked up in a hospital. His facebook page has lots of rainbow shit and some Bernie sanders crap. He lives about a half hour drive from here. I now have my facebook locked down so only friends and family can see my pics.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Damn. Thats fucked up.

My shit has always stayed on private.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Wow. Sick. I'd sure keep tabs on the kiddo's net activities for a while.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

I have my stuff locked down as well. Even so I don't post a lot of pictures of people just of places I have been or cool things I have seen. I especially don't post pictures of children, mine or someone else's. Not saying it is wrong, I just don't do it.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

Stay off that Shit! I only have a Computer, No Face Book, Butt Book, Tweets or what ever, Keep my Home Phone, No one can hack me, I have no public Photos, other than what I post on this site, Mostly Guns or Photos I get online. I stay unconnected, it is safer that way. This Site, and the Walther Site, are really the only 2 Websites I am currently on Paul
    Last edited by Hobe Sound AK; 09-04-2016 at 07:03 PM.
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

In Loving Memory of CW4. Paul E. Truitt 22-September, 1929, 23-February, 2018.

In Loving Memory of Montell W. Truitt 8 March, 1933, 3 June, 2021

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

it was definitely a wake up. I am will be a lot more attentive now. I also will stop posting so much anti muslim stuff. I will likely be attracting unwanted attention.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rci2950 View Post
    it was definitely a wake up. I am will be a lot more attentive now. I also will stop posting so much anti muslim stuff. I will likely be attracting unwanted attention.
    I wouldn't let up on the anti-muslim stuff as you may be one of the few sources, some people have for the truth about muslims.

If it's truth, and that is deemed as anti-muslim, then maybe it's time they changed so the truth didn't hurt so much. Otherwise, though shit for them.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

I have FB set on friends (& maybe friends of friends) & private to anyone not a friend of the fam. My DIL wanted me to have it so I can keep in touch with her and the other kids, upstate. It's really the only way I can see what the grandkids & great-grandkids are doing.
    Of course, I do put pro-gun stuff on my page, just in case they have libtard friends. I like being a pebble in their shoe.
    I'd never put it on Public, but I guess you learned that. Keep up with the anti-muslim stuff, no one can contact you now that you changed your privacy settings.
    Be a good idea to double check your privacy settings in case you missed something.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

I don't, and never will, have any kind of Facebook type of account. I don't trust that stuff at all. This forum is the only place I post. Other than the two morons, who were banned, this has been a fantastic place to share ideas and photos.

There's no one here I wouldn't mind meeting and having a drink with and everyone seems to have their heads on straight. I don't think that can be said for Facebook or any other type of public forum.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars