Thread: Is there gonna be gas north of Kentucky?

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Is there gonna be gas north of Kentucky?

We need to go to Minnesota today, and Tennessee is out of gas. We have enough to get through Ky.

What do you mean "Tennessee is out of gas"? How does a state, an entire state run out of gas?

There was a busted pipeline that cut supply roughly 30%. People panicked and now its gone. Lines are long where its not.

We have it here as far as I know but I haven't left home in a couple of days
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Team GunsNet Silver 02/2014

IMO....if refineries were located in more central locations these things would not be of this magnitude.....greenies/libs/ epa...ain't gonna happen....good luck.
    Dan

So far so good. We are going to Finland Mn. Gonna hike the SHT about 55 miles

WOW!!!
    Ours gets shipped by, well, ships... Up the rivers to storage tank. It also gets transported by tanker trucks.

BISHOP

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Considering this country has not built a new refinery in longer than many people have been alive, not surprising that one leak can take down the whole south east USA. Granted many have been updated and are now more efficient, but with all the new drivers/cars on the road, more refineries would really be nice.

As of this moment, gasoline is still available in central Indiana with prices ranging $2.00 +/- 25 cents. Of course as the local news screams and cries about the shut down pipeline, I am sure prices will make them happy and go up.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Considering this country has not built a new refinery in longer than many people have been alive, not surprising that one leak can take down the whole south east USA. Granted many have been updated and are now more efficient, but with all the new drivers/cars on the road, more refineries would really be nice.

As of this moment, gasoline is still available in central Indiana with prices ranging $2.00 +/- 25 cents. Of course as the local news screams and cries about the shut down pipeline, I am sure prices will make them happy and go up.
    I have not been out today but i do know that fuel has gone from 2.09 on Tues.
    to 2.39 Saturday night.

Yeah it has been IIRC 30+ years since we have built a refinery. We are trapped by a .gov
    that cares for power and constantly (thru their incompetence) shows our enemies the path
    to cause real harm.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Plenty of gas in MN, refinery south of the twin cities.

In the area of Illinois near St. Louis, prices are running from $1.959-$2.119.
    St. Louis prices are $1.859-$1.999.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Well, we made it there and back. The Superior Hiking Trail was amazing. There was plenty of gas until we got back to Tennessee. A few Nashville and Boro stations were out, but once we got a few miles east of Murfreesboro, there was plenty.

Ever notice that the Federal government has allowed the regions to basically have a monopoly on gasoline supplies. Remember when Phoenix had a shortage. NO ONE could sell them surplus gasoline. It was illegal. The only gasoline that was legal to sell in the Phoenix area was a mix that was approved by the local politicians. Same thing with California. We can only use gasoline that's an 'approved' mixture in this state. No other state can help us out in a shortage. Same thing with you guys.

If someone got rid of these ridiculous prohibitions on gasoline sales, other regions can siphon off gasoline and help you guys out.