Thread: UN Says US Owes Blacks Reparations

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

UN Says US Owes Blacks Reparations

Yup, they did.

So, get ready fo' da reprashuns. Dey's be acomin in down da road.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ays-u-n-panel/

Further proof the UN is totally useless.

(I thought we were paying them reparations, with Welfare, food stamps, and baby subsidies, already.)
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Fuck the UN. Fuck anybody that likes the UN.

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Ok. Fair enough. But first we subtract any and all subsidies they have received over the years as well as any and all damage they have done. That should put them slightly in the negative which means they will owe us money. I'm in.

Team GunsNet Silver 02/2014

LONG past time to get out of UN........
    Dan

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

When is enough? Let's say we pay a billion dollars now to cover all reparations. Then in 5 years they'll come back demanding "reparations" again. They'll keep coming back for more and more until they get a major slap-down.

I suggest we cut our share of UN funding by 50% immediately. And an additional 10% every time these leeches bite the hand that feeds them. Maybe they will get the message in time.
    Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

Quote Originally Posted by sevlex View Post
    When is enough? Let's say we pay a billion dollars now to cover all reparations. Then in 5 years they'll come back demanding "reparations" again. They'll keep coming back for more and more until they get a major slap-down.

I suggest we cut our share of UN funding by 50% immediately. And an additional 10% every time these leeches bite the hand that feeds them. Maybe they will get the message in time.
    Maybe it's time to evict the UN from our soil. Tear down the UN building and put in low income housing apt. buildings. That will appeal to the blacks who want to move from their ghettos and start a new one.

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Freedom isn't free.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

I got a graveyard full of "white privilege" sitting 25 yards outside of my bedroom.

750,000 dead Americans (including southerners) is reparations enough, especially when I'm not any better off than local black men of the same age as myself.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    I got a graveyard full of "white privilege" sitting 25 yards outside of my bedroom.

750,000 dead Americans (including southerners) is reparations enough, especially when I'm not any better off than local black men of the same age as myself.

The War of Northern Aggression wasn't about slavery... it was about the government (i.e the north) imposing it's will on everyone via the use of force. Same as today. Nothing new.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    The War of Northern Aggression wasn't about slavery... it was about the government (i.e the north) imposing it's will on everyone via the use of force. Same as today. Nothing new.
    While that is in fact the perspective of those fighting for the south, many soldiers wrote in their diaries and letters that they were personally motivated by the cause of abolition.

I believe abolition was simply the excuse given by Lincoln once they realized that "preserving the Union" wasn't something most northerners wanted to get pulverized in battle over. This is why in many ways I hold disdain for the Gettysburg Address. Its just another example of the government coming up with excuses to make you die for your nationalism.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

I wouldn't mind chipping in for some reparations: One-way plane tickets to Africa for black Americans who don't like America.

As an aside, do black Americans not realize it was their black African ancestors who started the whole slave trade?
    Last edited by skorpion; 09-28-2016 at 06:48 PM.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

The reparations have already been paid for in blood during the civil war. I can't believe our tax money is wasted on these fucking garbage reports from the U.N.; it's time to get out and tell them to fuck themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post

I believe abolition was simply the excuse given by Lincoln once they realized that "preserving the Union" wasn't something most northerners wanted to get pulverized in battle over. This is why in many ways I hold disdain for the Gettysburg Address. Its just another example of the government coming up with excuses to make you die for your nationalism.
    That was it exactly. In one of the history books I'd read, Lincoln was concerned that most Northerners were okay with letting the South leave the Union. There's no way he could muster enough soldiers for an army to force them back in. He held a private meeting with a few select cabinet members and close friends, who shared his beliefs, to figure out a way to unify the North against the South. They needed a "moral" idea to make men rally behind their cause. They selected slavery as their "rallying point." The northern media was used to spread the word and Uncle Tom's Cabin was the propaganda they used.

Even Lincoln, himself, stated that if he could bring the South back into the Union without freeing one slave, he would do so. Lincoln didn't care about the slaves; he just cared about the Union.

The rest is history.

Here's what Lincoln really thought of slavery and blacks.

http://www.history.com/news/5-things...d-emancipation

Freedom isn't free.

Team GunsNet Gold 03/2014

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Fuck the UN. Fuck anybody that likes the UN.
    What he said!

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    The North and Abe Lincoln represented the antithesis of the American revolution. On the other hand, it is impossible to have any respect for a Confederate States government that drafted men to fight who did not own slaves -- yet exempted men from the draft who owned slaves via the "Twenty Slave Law." The Southern defense of slavery was and is morally revolting, so the Confederate States by any argument certainly did not represent a noble cause.

Claims that the Civil War was not caused by slavery ignore the fact that the Northern Whigs were anti-slavery and the Southern Democrats were pro-slavery. This was a long standing impasse as the Compromise of 1850 shows. I grew up in a Southern State and remember some of the BS history that used to be taught claiming the Civil War was due to tariffs and what not. The same history books showed the slaves singing and dancing. It is hard to believe that people still believe the basic cause of the Civil War was not slavery.

With respect to reparations, black people need to face up to the fact that the descendants of slaves brought to America ended up far better off than they would have been had their ancestors remained in Africa.
    Last edited by jet3534; 09-29-2016 at 12:27 AM.