Thread: Ford Ranger and Bronco accidentally confirmed

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Ford Ranger and Bronco accidentally confirmed

Looks like UAW plant chairman Bill Johnson accidentally spilled the beans when speaking about Trump's comments on moving vehicle manufacturing to Mexico. Small vehicle production is being moved to Mexico to make way for the new Bronco and Ranger that will be built in the same plant that made the old Bronco back in the day. I am excited to see what the new Bronco will look like, but I am not getting my hopes up that it will be anything like the old solid-axle body-on-frame Broncos.

http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2016/09/...nd-bronco.html

Speaking to the Detroit News about the presidential candidate’s continued criticism of the automaker’s plan, Bill Johnson, the UAW plant chairman for the factory that is at the center of the switch, revealed the still-secret vehicles that the compact Focus and hybrid C-Max models are making way for.

Johnson told the newspaper that “Trump needs to get his facts straight,” and said that other automakers have already shifted less profitable small car manufacturing south of the border.

“We hate to see the products go to Mexico, but with the Ranger and the Bronco coming to Michigan Assembly that absolutely secures the future for our people a lot more than the Focus does,” he said.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Awesome. I love both vehicles. Sadly, the new Ranger will star at 16k and the Bronco around 40k.

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2014 Hatedbysheeple's Avatar

Still doesn't excuse them building plants in Mexico instead of building new ones in the US. I understand the unions are costing the company insane amount s of money but there are plenty of non-Union areas in the us they could build.

IIRC, there was a foreign car plant down south not to long ago that even held a workers vote to unionize and they voted against it by a resounding majority.
    Initial Success or Total Failure

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

WTF? A few years ago or maybe longer, my memory sucks, they shut down the ranger plant here in the twin cities. I've had a couple rangers and a broncoII loved them. very dependable.
    https://www.mprnews.org/story/2011/1...ng-last-ranger
    Last edited by 1 Patriot-of-many; 10-01-2016 at 01:12 PM.

Team GunsNet Silver 02/2014

Early Bronc was bullet proof..............so was the early Scout!
    Dan

i imagine the prices will be outlandish just like all of fords products anymore.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

So, it seems that Trump does know what he's talking about. Imagine that....
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Now matter what they will probably not make them like they used too.
    When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail." ----- Jack Burton 1986

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

I will definitely give the Ranger a look when it's time to trade in my Taco.

I had a Ranger xcab previously, but needed a 4-door with a long bed. The only way to get that in a Ford was go to the F150, which was more truck than I wanted. The Sport-tac would have been ok except for the tiny box out back. Useless, in my opinion. One nice thing about the Taco is I can lay a rifle case cross-wise in the bed. That was impossible in the Ranger.
    Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

Team GunsNet Silver 02/2014

Quote Originally Posted by Phil125 View Post
    Now matter what they will probably not make them like they used too.
    If on line pics are true, I see a lot of plastic/composite........sta bueno in a off road!!!!! I like functional stuff!
    Last edited by Dan Morris; 10-04-2016 at 05:01 PM.