Thread: Looking for a long lost Article from the Canadian Press, on September 11, 2001, Well Written, and Pro American.

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

Question Looking for a long lost Article from the Canadian Press, on September 11, 2001, Well Written, and Pro American.

I wish I could find a wonderful Article written on September 11, 2001. By a Canadian Journalist on The Day of the Attack. I saw it posted on the Wall of our Break Room, in our Post Office the next Day. I have tried to find it for Years. I wrote to the CBC, (Canadian Broadcasting Corp.) and Several main Newspapers in Canada, such as the Vancouver Sun. I have never been able to find it. Perhaps it was from a Canadian Journalist who is just online? It began with large Banner Headline. "America was Attacked today" I recall his Rage as he wrote it, The Man was very Pro-American! and very angry we were Attacked! He wrote of our great Achievements such as bailing out Europe in 2 World Wars! and Landing on the Moon. among others. It must have been all over Canada the Next Day. I know from my long time Friend in the R.C.M.P. they were on Alert! as were the Canadian Armed Forces as well. We always hear how England is our Closest Alley. Not so! If we were under Attack, and we need Tanks, and Help, Where are they coming from? Alberta! The Home of the Royal Canadian Tank Corps! not England. If anyone here on the Forum recalls the Article, Please Post. I had hoped to find it by now. Paul
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

In Loving Memory of CW4. Paul E. Truitt 22-September, 1929, 23-February, 2018.

In Loving Memory of Montell W. Truitt 8 March, 1933, 3 June, 2021

I wonder if it could have been this applied to the moment
    It's about the closest I could find based on your description

https://www.truthorfiction.com/gordonsinclair/
    Originally written for a Toronto newspaper, it was broadcast on June 5, 1973
    The commentary by Gordon Sinclair is true, although people along the way have altered portions of it.
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

Thumbs up

Thank you Otto, that sure is very Close, and sounds sort of the same type of tone. I had heard of Gordon Sinclair, not sure where, will do some searching. If I ever find it and post it here, It sure would make you Proud to be an American. Paul
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

In Loving Memory of CW4. Paul E. Truitt 22-September, 1929, 23-February, 2018.

In Loving Memory of Montell W. Truitt 8 March, 1933, 3 June, 2021

Go here. You will be able to hear Gordon Sinclair's "The Americans".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tn2A6nfSXM4

This is the only one I know of that praises Americans.