Thread: Here some you don't see much any more

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Thumbs up Here some you don't see much any more

In my 10mm Fantasy thread I posted some 10mm offerings that are coming up at auction in the near future near me. Here's a few other items that caught my eye. All I have are the descriptions provided at the moment but will try and get some pics posted as well. If you see something that you just know is a hot commodity say so and I'll add it to my short list for bidding.

NORINCO –mod. AKM/47S 7.62X39

HUSQVARNA - mod. Lathi 9mm

CZ - mod. 75 9mm never fired. (This is not a 75b so when did those start getting imported?)

Ruger Mod. #1 Centennial 1 of 500 30.06 NIB

Ruger Mod. #1 SS 7.62 X 39 NIB (This is an interesting one given the caliber).

Colt Gold Cup Elite 38 Super in box.

CHINESE -mod. AK 47 7.62X39.

Mod. FN MK I High Power 9mm w/ stock (looks like it has been freshly parkerized, very grey look to it but really nice).

Oh, Here is a photo with the two AK's they have. Not sure which is which?
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

From my searches, it appears the bottom AK is the AKM/47S.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    From my searches, it appears the bottom AK is the AKM/47S.
    Duh, I should have figured that out since it's the one that has the sheet metal receiver, (AKM) and not the milled. I really like the milled. From what I can tell it must be one of the Legend series PolyTech made.
    Last edited by Richard Simmons; 10-21-2016 at 01:28 PM.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Pretty much all I can do is look at those AK's and sigh. MD has infringed our rights to own these without a ton of paperwork, police oversight, and giving up one gonad. Basically, it boils down to it is not being worth it in the long run (which is their intention).

So.....sigh.
    Last edited by alismith; 10-21-2016 at 07:53 PM.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Pretty much all I can do is look at those AK's and sigh. MD has infringed our rights to own these without a ton of paperwork, police oversight, and giving up one gonad. Basically, it boils down to is it not being worth it in the long run (which is their intention).

So.....sigh.

It seriously pains me to know that other Americans have to live under such bullshit.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

I think the milled one is a post ban Norinco that someone changed the furniture on ... maybe I'm wrong but that's the first thing I thought of because of the lack of a muzzle device.

Quote Originally Posted by kimberkid View Post
    I think the milled one is a post ban Norinco that someone changed the furniture on ... maybe I'm wrong but that's the first thing I thought of because of the lack of a muzzle device.
    Um. no. That AK has a plain muzzle nut on it. And you can see the detent PIN that holds the nut on. That implies that the muzzle threading is INTACT. Just because it doesn't have a slant compensator doesn't mean that it's a post ban. The Chinese put slant compensators on EVERYTHING back in the 1980s and purists knew that only AKMs had these, so they were replaced with aftermarket Plain muzzle nuts (from Kengs Firearms Specialty).

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    What Tank said, the Legend normally came with a muzzle nut. The rifle in the picture looks correct. Most came with a dark brown wood with a tint of red, but there were a few with blond stocks.

The stamped receiver looks like an early model 56. When the Chinese first entered the market, some were marked AKM-47S because the US news media called them AK-47s which was our designation, not the Soviets. Note the blued bolt carrier as well.

After those didn't sell, they stamped the Chinese version name on it, adding the S to make sure AT and unconstitutional F knew they were semi-auto only versions. Unfortunately between Bush 1 and clinton-male the Chinese never were able to figure out what would sell in what they new was a huge market.

Richard, either of the two would be a nice addition to an AK collection, with the Legend being the most desirable as the were and still are considered the top of the line AK variant.

I guess I should have withheld comment until I could have seen it on something bigger than my phone (on a 6 hour road trip and I was bored) ... but it was the first thing I thought of when I saw it. I've seen several of them years ago at gunshows where dealers replaced the stocks and were trying to pass of the milled Norinco's as Legends.

Anyway, that being said ... its the one I would want, even if it was a Norinco with the bush-hole stock replaced

What do you think would be a good price for either assuming I don't pay above market and would a little meat left on the bone if I decide to flip one or both?
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

The sad part about the Chinese AK ban is that the Legend, which should be in the $1200 to $1500 range is selling for $2000 and up due to fears of new bans, and the limited supply with so many new people getting into the sport. That old low supply and high demand thing.

Same with the AKM. Personally I would like to see them below $1000 without box and stuff, but MAK-90s are approaching and breaking that $1000 mark pushing the pre-Bush1-ban rifles into the $1500 to $2000 range.

In today's dollars there is no way I could have gotten into this hobby if I started now.

I will add, that because of the low supply and high demand for these rifles, $2000 for a new condition AKM/47S might seem like a steal in 10 years.

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    The sad part about the Chinese AK ban is that the Legend, which should be in the $1200 to $1500 range is selling for $2000 and up due to fears of new bans, and the limited supply with so many new people getting into the sport. That old low supply and high demand thing.

Same with the AKM. Personally I would like to see them below $1000 without box and stuff, but MAK-90s are approaching and breaking that $1000 mark pushing the pre-Bush1-ban rifles into the $1500 to $2000 range.

In today's dollars there is no way I could have gotten into this hobby if I started now.

I will add, that because of the low supply and high demand for these rifles, $2000 for a new condition AKM/47S might seem like a steal in 10 years.

Sickening. The length of time i been in here with you guys. you have all gone from a $500 range to that massive price they are now. I use to want one back then. Don't want it for that much. So much more to have for that kind of cash.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

I'm also in the AK / AKM rifles are too damn much money camp now. When they were $250 for a SAR-1, 2 or 3 and a 1000 round case of ammo was $85 bucks they were a value worth having. Fun to shoot and cheap to shoot. Now ... pffftttt, forget about it. You can build a fairly high end AR for much less money.
    Last edited by Schuetzenman; 10-29-2016 at 07:06 PM.

It is really sad that a rifle that my son-in-law confirmed that you can get overseas for a chicken and a loaf of bread, is stupid expensive here in the land of shall not be infringed.

For the price of the bottom feeder WASR-10 you can get a fairly decent AR-15 these days.

Unfortunately this just shows what happens when the federal government violates our rights, in this case by outright banning the rifle themselves, imported receivers and barrels, and threats that have caused feeding frenzies that also drove ammo price into the "you godda be kidding me" range.

From us oldies point of view, these prices are nuts compared to what we grew up with, but someone just now getting into the hobby, they have never seen a $179 WASR-10, or a $250 MAK-90, or in my case a true M16 for $250 plus blackmail fee, so the current price of admission is all they know, and has to be considered the new norm.

Went to the auction this morning. The stamped AK was at the very tail end of the auction which we didn't stay for so don't know what it brought. The milled Legend was the the second gun up and sold for $1,375.00 + 5% sales tax so $1,443.75 all in. It was immaculate but did not have the box or anything except one 30rd mag. I only took $1,400 with me and really didn't want to run to the ATM and end my day on the second lot of the auction so I let it go.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068