Thread: Their first 100 days in office

Their first 100 days in office

Trump;
    In terms of actual political measures that Trump would propose and/or enact, he listed the following six:

"A Constitutional Amendment to impose term limits on all members of Congress."
    "A hiring freeze on all federal employees."
    "A requirement that for every new federal regulation, 2 existing regulations must be eliminated."
    "A 5-year ban on White House and Congressional officials becoming lobbyists after they leave government."
    "A lifetime ban on White House officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government."
    "A complete ban on foreign lobbyists raising money for American elections."
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-1...are-highlights

Killary;
    "That’s a great question. From proposing a comprehensive immigration reform bill with a path to citizenship to introducing a constitutional amendment to overturn Citizens United I want to hit the ground running in my first 100 days—because there’s so much we have to do.

A critical part of that work is building an economy that everyone can be proud of and be a part of. We’ve come a long way since the Great Recession, but we’ve still got a lot of work to do to ensure everyone who wants to work can find a good-paying job—one that pays enough to support a family. That’s why I’ve pledged that in my first 100 days as president, we’ll make the boldest investment in good-paying jobs since World War II."
    http://beta.hotair.com/archives/2016...lenty-worried/

My take on killary's immigration policy is 500 percent increase in current levels, and her investment in good-paying jobs since World War II will be World War III.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

I have a funny feeling, if the Whore of Babylon were to steal the Whitehouse She would not be around for long. Too much would be at Stake.
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

In Loving Memory of CW4. Paul E. Truitt 22-September, 1929, 23-February, 2018.

In Loving Memory of Montell W. Truitt 8 March, 1933, 3 June, 2021

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

"A Constitutional Amendment to impose term limits on all members of Congress."
    This takes Congress passing an amendment or a convention of the States. I don't see how he can do it.
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El Laton Caliente View Post
    This takes Congress passing an amendment or a convention of the States. I don't see how he can do it.
    He can propose it, but you are correct it takes other action for it to actually happen. I think he stated it correctly.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

It would be easier to list Clinton's 100 plan as "ignore and usurp the Constitution by doing __________." That pretty much covers her entire agenda.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

NRA Endowment Member

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Hummm, I wonder why Hitlery is so adamant about overturning Citizens United? Could it be because they are against her? I wonder.

Imagine what she'll do to her enemies who opposed her in her election bid (and anyone else who doesn't agree with her)?

IF she gets elected, that is.

Of course, if she looses, she just might end up in jail.... I'd say she has a lot riding on this election.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Hummm, I wonder why Hitlery is so adamant about overturning Citizens United? Could it be because they are against her? I wonder.

Imagine what she'll do to her enemies who opposed her in her election bid (and anyone else who doesn't agree with her)?

IF she gets elected, that is.

Of course, if she looses, she just might end up in jail.... I'd say she has a lot riding on this election.
    She is against it because it levels the playing field. If they can get that overturned then the only real big money that can advertise is Unions who can just do the campaigning themselves and not have to call it political spending. If we got rid of Citizens United AND Union money in politics, the same people decrying Citizens United would argue that the Unions have a right to freedom of speech.

NRA Endowment Member