Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any pre-election purchases?

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Estate shells are fine, light hunting/clay bird loads. The really good thing is they are pretty reasonable in price, too.
    They also make buckshot 12 ga. loads. I picked up 2 boxes a couple of years back. Never fired even on of them.

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Pre-Killery pistol build is done. 10.5" PSA upper, SAA lower, KAK Blade with Shockwave receiver extension.

Quote Originally Posted by skorpion View Post
    Pre-Killery pistol build is done. 10.5" PSA upper, SAA lower, KAK Blade with Shockwave receiver extension.

Very nice, shot it yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    I'm planning on getting nothing. I have enough stuff more or less.
    Thats pretty much me too ... but I am thinking about another Spikes Jack 223 receiver ... the one I have, I did a form 1 on ... before I built my 6.5 Creedmoor. I used a Jack 308 receiver and I thought it looked good to have big and little brothers:

Its not a necessity as I just put the Bushmaster receiver on the shelf with the other 3-4 complete lowers I bought when prices were cheap. I don't see any point in having a form 1 receiver with a 24" barrel on it ... and I can get a second 223 Jack receiver for not much more than it cost of the stamp ... without the wait.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    While I don't consider it a pre-election purchase, but the timing of a friend who is moving and wanted to sell at a really good price a few thousand rounds of ammo and a Glock. Couldn't pass it up both getting a nice deal and helping a friend.

Now the wannabe queen and the stupid media would have a cow over how much ammo I got.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

I started to prep during Zero's first term. Don't need anymore hardware...should probably still pick up some more military caliber rounds to add to the Stockpile.
    Nietzsche: From life's school of war: what does not kill me makes me stronger.

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

My pre election purchase will be a large bag of Ketchup chips and a can of rock star. I will be watching the fun on a large screen at work.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

I agree Kimberkid it doesn't make any sense having a form 1 receiver with a 24" barrel.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

I agree Kimberkid it doesn't make any sense having a form 1 receiver with a 24" barrel.
    But, if you already have the Form 1 and want to change out to a sub-16" barrel, you won't have to wait around for the paperwork to do it. You'll already be ready to go. Right?

And, Heaven forbid, if the Queen gets elected, all those forms just might get harder to obtain.)
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

I got the 2-110rd drums.

The entire top is cast and machined aluminum with one tab made of SS!! Not one piece of plastic!!!

BISHOP

In the last month I have picked up two complete ar lowers, gen 2 Sub2000, Sig MPX and a serbian M92 "pistol". Sold off a few Mosins.

...forgot one... stamped receiver SKS

I agree kimberkid it doesn't make any sense having a form 1 receiver with a 24" barrel.
    So now I have the big brother, big little brother and little little brother (one is SBR)

It's all for fun at this point anyway ... at least until someone gets an eye poked out!

Nice, but I have to ask why such a bulky stock on the nice compact SBR version?

It's what I had sitting on the shelf ...
    Also, I'm undecided right now as to what it will be but may end up putting a UBR on it ... I still haven't fully recovered from building the 6.5 Creedmoor on the 308 Jack receiver and I'm not putting anything else on plastic until I get it paid off.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12