Thread: Australian Banks Starting To Go Cashless

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Australian Banks Starting To Go Cashless

It's been stated that by 2022, all Australian banks will be cashless and people will no longer be able to spend money without going through a bank and going digital.

India is well on the road, too, by eliminating their two highest denomination bills.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-1...-some-branches

Going cashless will not be a good thing, as the government will have total access and control over your money, and how you spend it.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Not only that, but cash is very hard to hack. My debit card has proven easy to hack, a few times. I wish I could go back to cash and checks. As long as Lowes and Wally World take both, I'm good.

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    Not only that, but cash is very hard to hack. My debit card has proven easy to hack, a few times. I wish I could go back to cash and checks. As long as Lowes and Wally World take both, I'm good.
    Why do you think iran wanted 400,000,000.00 in cash? Impossible
    to track or trace.
    So when did Australia start trying to upstage Europe or is this just a trial
    run for what Europe wants next?

Remember June 23 2016.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    It's been stated that by 2022, all Australian banks will be cashless and people will no longer be able to spend money without going through a bank and going digital.

India is well on the road, too, by eliminating their two highest denomination bills.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-1...-some-branches

Going cashless will not be a good thing, as the government will have total access and control over your money, and how you spend it.

What's the big deal? I've been cashless ever since my kids started going to college. Not a cent left.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

I wondered about going cashless due to some eo or crash, real or fabricated, and then saw this;
    " Last year, GoBankingRates surveyed more than 5,000 Americans only to uncover that 62% of them had less than $1,000 in savings. Last month GoBankingRates again posed the question to Americans of how much they had in their savings account, only this time it asked 7,052 people. The result? Nearly seven in 10 Americans (69%) had less than $1,000 in their savings account.

Breaking the survey data down a bit further, we find that 34% of Americans don’t have a dime in their savings account, while another 35% have less than $1,000. Of the remaining survey-takers, 11% have between $1,000 and $4,999, 4% have between $5,000 and $9,999, and 15% have more than $10,000."
    http://www.prepperfortress.com/comin...ng-everything/

If they outlaw 50s and 100s it's ok because no one has any 50s or 100s. Also, if a crash does come and the dollar is worth as much as a Zimbabwe dollar, having dollars will be just about as pointless. In Zimbabwe, the bathrooms have signs saying not to use zim dollars as toilet paper and flushing them.

So, no worries!
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

I guess at some point we may be trading wampum and beaver pelts.

I'd take a beaver pelt as trade as long as it was heavier on the beaver and lighter on the pelt

Nice.