Thread: Do sort of want: 9mm AK pisto beingl imported by Chiappa

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Do sort of want: 9mm AK pisto beingl imported by Chiappa

Made in Romania in the Cugir plant and imported by Chiappa - a 9mm AK pistol that uses Beretta 92 mags. A $30 adapter is available that allows it to use Glock mags. The best part? MSRP is $425. It's not purdy, but at least the side rails appear to be removable.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2.../chiappa-ak-9/
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Meah.... novelty item.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    I could never understand the idea of an AK pistol considering how hard it would be to aim and shoot, but although a 9mm version would be easier to handle, I agree, a novelty item for when you get tired of shooting your 92 or 17.

Yep, a 6 pound pistol ... defiantly a novelty, but at least it uses common Beretta and Glock mags

They should have pictured it with a 33 round Glock mag ... It would have enhanced the cool factor. I could see AK enthusiasts picking them up as well as anyone else that wants an entry level priced 9mm to SBR.

Even with the short mag it has its own cool factor and if you've got $400 of disposable cash to throw down on one ... It could be fun.

I don't see one in my future, I already have a Colt 9mm SBR, Scorpion EVO SBR , MP5 SBR clone and Steyr SPP ...