Thread: The Vikings was back on last night.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Thumbs up The Vikings was back on last night.

Glad to see one of my favorite shows back on but damn it was a depressing episode. Ragnar needs to get his mojo back. Also I said it last season and I'll say it again, that crippled son of his is fucking creepy

Lastly I never figured Lagertha for a carpet muncher but I guess her luck with men has never been great.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2011 Sherman's Avatar

I watched also...It was really good until the lesbo scene. For me, that one scene knocked the show down a few notches from awesome to a really good show. Disappointing.
    I don't want to see homosexual activities on TV even if it is two women going at it. I want homosexuality removed from TV all together. If I desire the need to watch homosexual activity ( which I don't ), I am sure there are places on the internet that I could fill that need. The show is going to turn into Modern Family to where 2 guys making out is considered "normal". I will watch Wheeler Dealers and record Vikings so I can fast forward through the Modern Family moments.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Dammit. I missed it. I didn't think it was scheduled to return for another year.

Oh well, not going to argue about it, just miffed that I missed it. No worries, though, I'll watch in on Xfinity.

Glad it's back on as it's one of my favorite shows.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Dammit. I missed it. I didn't think it was scheduled to return for another year.

Oh well, not going to argue about it, just miffed that I missed it. No worries, though, I'll watch in on Xfinity.

Glad it's back on as it's one of my favorite shows.
    Not sure if you can watch it but there was an hour long episode brfore the show last night that was kind of a recap of the show from the beginning but it also had some of the actors commenting on their characters and stuff. Worth the watch if you can.

The was another show afterwards ale end Reak Vikings or something along those lines. I only watch a few minutes of it before hitting the hay so can't really tell you much about it.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

Thumbs down

They just don't look right without Horns! I know they did not have them, but surly some King or Chieftain must have had something on his Helment.
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

In Loving Memory of CW4. Paul E. Truitt 22-September, 1929, 23-February, 2018.

In Loving Memory of Montell W. Truitt 8 March, 1933, 3 June, 2021

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

I watched the first season faithfully. Haven't been able to get interested since then.

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

We should lobby to give horns back to the Vikings. But seriously, is there a show in existence that has no homosexuality? There just aren't that many gay people out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    We should lobby to give horns back to the Vikings. But seriously, is there a show in existence that has no homosexuality? There just aren't that many gay people out there.
    I don't know if it's like subliminal messaging where they kind of throw it into the show so we get used to it or they add these characters/events into the show to avoid negative publicity, lawsuits, etc., from the LGBT community? While I'm not interested in furthering anyone or any groups agenda nor do I seek out these types of things for my viewing pleasure I do realize they aren't a major part of the show as a whole so I'll continue to watch.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    I don't know if it's like subliminal messaging where they kind of throw it into the show so we get used to it or they add these characters/events into the show to avoid negative publicity, lawsuits, etc., from the LGBT community? While I'm not interested in furthering anyone or any groups agenda nor do I seek out these types of things for my viewing pleasure I do realize they aren't a major part of the show as a whole so I'll continue to watch.
    I watched it the other night (have my DVR set to record all the Vikings episodes, so I was able to catch the recap that was shown earlier). It's starting to lose me now. Not because of lesbo scene, but because it's getting too complicated, almost as if they're trying to fit in as many antagonistic scenarios as possible, just to keep things moving. I liked it better when it was slower paced. It was easier to follow. Now,with all Ragnar's sons trying to get in the picture, it's starting to get way too complicated.

As far a Legartha's kiss, one thing I told my wife when she commented on it was that Legartha has had really crappy luck with men, so what was left? Since she's not muslim, that leaves out animals....all that's left are women.

The one thing I am looking forward to is her squaring off with Ragnar's present wife.

One doesn't cross Legartha and come away unscathed. Come to think about it, the only one who's lived was Ragnar, himself. The current Queen is due for her confrontation soon.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars