Thread: Breitbart and Kellogg's At War With Each Other Now

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Breitbart and Kellogg's At War With Each Other Now

Not sure which side to believe, but it does appear that Kellogg's logic for pulling their ads from Breitbart is another attempt, by the Left to show its contempt for those who voted for Trump. Since Breitbart was rallying behind Trump, Kellogg's decided to get even by pulling its ads.

Breitbart's claim:

"Breitbart News Editor-in-Chief Alexander Marlow encouraged the boycott of Kellogg’s products, describing their war against Breitbart News as bigoted and anti-American: “Breitbart News is the largest platform for pro-family content anywhere on the Internet. We are fearless advocates for traditional American values, perhaps most important among them is freedom of speech, or our motto ‘more voices, not less.’ For Kellogg’s, an American brand, to blacklist Breitbart News in order to placate left-wing totalitarians is a disgraceful act of cowardice. They insult our incredibly diverse staff and spit in the face of our 45,000,000 highly engaged, highly perceptive, highly loyal readers, many of whom are Kellogg’s customers. Boycotting Breitbart News for presenting mainstream American ideas is an act of discrimination and intense prejudice. If you serve Kellogg’s products to your family, you are serving up bigotry at your breakfast table.”"

Kellogg's response:

We regularly work with our media-buying partners to ensure our ads do not appear on sites that aren’t aligned with our values as a company,” said Kellogg’s flak Kris Charles. “We recently reviewed the list of sites where our ads can be placed and decided to discontinue advertising on Breitbart.com. We are working to remove ads from that site.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...ing-breitbart/

Damn. And I liked some of Kellogg's products....Oh, well.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

I would like to know what on Breitbart does not align with their "company values".
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

And related;
    "Fake News" Site Threatens Washington Post With Defamation Suit, Demands Retraction
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-1...nds-retraction
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Tony the Tiger is no longer welcome in my house if Kellogg is going to be pulling this political crap. Does this make me some sort of racist?

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

I would think that Kellogg's primary values would be to provide the best food possible to as many people as possible. But, since they feel they can do without 45,000,000 customers, then that's their choice.

Anyway, why are they going political all of a sudden? As far as I'm concerned, Kellogg's has no business in the political ring. They should be concentrating on food, not politics.

If they want to get all political, then I will, too. I'll buy less "political" food from now on.

Hopefully, beer makers don't start going political, too.....
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Screw brand-name cereals anyway. All of them are a rip-off at $3-4 for a box of sugar. I get generic cereal for half the cost per ounce.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

Yep $3-3.50 for the big bags at the dollar store.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Makes me wonder who their values are aligned with. But I have no dog in this fight but I will
    pass along info.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    I would like to know what on Breitbart does not align with their "company values".
    that would seem to be the determining question right there.

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post

Hopefully, beer makers don't start going political, too.....
    too late. i remember yengling ((sp??) right down the road from me) taking a bunch of shit when dick (owner) came out from trump. there was also that bud light (??) fiasco where they had that deplorable talent less cunt amy schumer and that fat fuck with the annoying laugh (seth something??) going on about womens wage gaps and shit, then pulled the ads when ppl stopped buying their shit.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deth502 View Post
    that would seem to be the determining question right there.

too late. i remember yengling ((sp??) right down the road from me) taking a bunch of shit when dick (owner) came out from trump. there was also that bud light (??) fiasco where they had that deplorable talent less cunt amy schumer and that fat fuck with the annoying laugh (seth something??) going on about womens wage gaps and shit, then pulled the ads when ppl stopped buying their shit.

I'm not a big Yuengling fan but I'll be sure to buy their deuces instead of Budweiser when I'm reduced to gas station beer.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    - - "best food possible" - -
    Really? I thought it was how many kids they could get addicted to sugar and end up diabetic and/or overweight!

Quote Originally Posted by skorpion View Post
    Screw brand-name cereals anyway. All of them are a rip-off at $3-4 for a box of sugar. I get generic cereal for half the cost per ounce.
    Ditto!
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Apparently Kellogg's donates a shitpot full of money to crazy left wing causes....They don't align with my values as a customer. Seeya!