Thread: Any boot wearer's here?

Any boot wearer's here?

If so, what are your favorite brands/boots. I am switching from shoes to boots at work. I can't get shoes to last more than 6 months. I just picked up a pair of chippewas, they are breaking in nicely and very comfortable. Sturdy but dressy enough for around the office

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Boots are the only footwear I utilize on a day to day basis. At work (LEO), I wear 6" black steel toes from Sears that usually last about a year at $60/pair and hold a good shine with Kiwi polish. I've been wearing that same model boot for almost a decade (they were $40 when I first started buying them). I also have a pair of Original SWAT boots that I wear out and about since they're waterproof and comfortable. Not to mention a pair of Danners and all of my USMC issue boots that I do not wear often.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

By far the best boot I've ever had are the Meindl Perfekt Fit from Cabelas. Well worth the money.

I've been wearing Wellco brand for 3-4 years now.
    I got them for $39 from Ocean State Job Lots, but they are a more expensive boot.
    They are summer weight (there are breather holes to keep your feet from sweating) but I have worn them all winter too.

Stay away from Kmart brand Texas Steer!!!!!! I buy them for work because of the tan soles and 2 pairs wont last 1 year.
    I buy 2 sets as a buy one get one for $1 on black Friday.

BISHOP

I bought a pair of Keen hiking boots over 4 years ago. Still going strong. They have been excellent. I had a pair of Carolina engineer boots that I wore for many years mainly for motorcycling. I never wore them out but I outgrew them as I got older my feet got wider. I now wear Milwaukee brand boots for riding. For working or mucking around in the woods I have been eyeing a pair of Timberland Pro wellingtons.
    https://smile.amazon.com/Timberland-...Timberland+PRO
    Face your fear, accept your war.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

I've owned three (3) pairs of boots over the last 35 years or so. All 3 are Timberlands and all 3 are still wearable. The oldest leather pair I had the Vibram soles replaced a couple of times but the uppers are still in great shape.
    Nietzsche: From life's school of war: what does not kill me makes me stronger.

Most of the time this is all I wear.

Salomon Men's Comet 3D GTX Hiking Boot

I have two pair. Probably thousands of miles of rough ground on the first pair and they are still holding up so I bought a 2nd pair as back up.

Redwing is my choice.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

I have Bate's brand marine desert combat boots. The one's a few of us on gunsnet got surplus a few years ago. I'm still on the first pair, even after working full time as a plumber with them.

I still have two brand new pairs ready to go whenever this set finally wears out.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

belleville

Redwing for a work boot
    I'm still using a pair going on thirty years maybe
    beat to shit but still very usable

Timberland for hiking
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Guns Network Contributor 03/2015 jakebrake's Avatar

carolina 10" loggers.

pair for work, pair for not. when I wear out the work pair, the not work ones will be downgraded to work, and i'll buy another pair.

comfortable, wear like iron.

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Doc Martins for good, Black steel toe naval boots for knocking around, neoprene camo "Redhead" brand boots for hunting.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Team GunsNet Gold 03/2014

Combat boots and Timberland for tie ups.

H&H and engineer boots for pull ons.

Team GunsNet Gold 02/2012 ninner's Avatar

I wore Red wing for years but as I got older and comfort is now more important than price. I switched to Ariat square toe composites and love them. Since I get a new pair through work each year they spend the first year as dress boots, the second as work boots then get regulated to farm or hunting duty. With a little mink oil twice a year they stay in great shape and plenty water tight. My oldest pair is about 7 years old now and the sole is worn down pretty bad.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Three or Four years ago, I got a deal on Marine Corps RAT boots (seconds) from LAPG for $40 a pair and bought two.

I'm still wearing the first pair and though they are getting quite worn, they're still GTG. Have worn these off and on very regularly and they've been through wet, mud and engine oil, etc. and handled it.

Heckava deal for $40.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Team GunsNet Bronze 10/2014

my employer used to pay for part of my safety shoes. i have had good luck with h&h and justins. a shoe repair shop owner once told me, always buy shoes with sewn welts. the "glue ons" seem to let go easier.