Thread: Road Rage Incident in Santa Clarita

Road Rage Incident in Santa Clarita

Wow... motorcyclist has a death wish.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Reading some articles about this incident, it sounds like what set this all off was that passenger car illegally crossed over into that HOV lane and cut that motorcyclist off, which is what pissed him off so much.

Crazy people on the roads.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

I hope they are able to get the license number of the motorcycle. That guy needs to be held accountable for what he caused. The vehicle who got the worst of it did not seem to be involved in the incident that led up to this, they were just in the wrong place. I hope no one was injured seriously.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

The physics of this situation doesn't add up.

The motorcycle has far less mass than the car, yet, the motorcyclist is able to push the car (from the rear quarter panel) and cause it to swerve out of control, while the motorcycle shows very little movement away from the contact point (think of recoil of a rifle).

If anything, the motorcycle is the one that should have been pushed back when the motorcyclist pushed the car, not the car.

My guess is that the driver of the car was watching him approach in the mirror, and jerked the wheel when he saw the motorcyclist kick his car. Had he not reacted the way he did, the motorcycle would have been the one to veer off to the left, away from the force of the kick.

Besides road rage, another contributing factor was human error on the part of the car driver.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

To bad the motorcycle didn't get taken out.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    The physics of this situation doesn't add up.

The motorcycle has far less mass than the car, yet, the motorcyclist is able to push the car (from the rear quarter panel) and cause it to swerve out of control, while the motorcycle shows very little movement away from the contact point (think of recoil of a rifle).

If anything, the motorcycle is the one that should have been pushed back when the motorcyclist pushed the car, not the car.

My guess is that the driver of the car was watching him approach in the mirror, and jerked the wheel when he saw the motorcyclist kick his car. Had he not reacted the way he did, the motorcycle would have been the one to veer off to the left, away from the force of the kick.

Besides road rage, another contributing factor was human error on the part of the car driver.
    Or the driver jerked the wheel when the car suddenly and unexpectedly shook and in the rapid movement at high speed caused the driver to lose control of the car. Sort of like what you are saying, but lays the blame more on the unexpected actions of the motorcyclist.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    Or the driver jerked the wheel when the car suddenly and unexpectedly shook and in the rapid movement at high speed caused the driver to lose control of the car. Sort of like what you are saying, but lays the blame more on the unexpected actions of the motorcyclist.
    Not trying to place all the blame on the car. None of this would have happened if the motorcyclist hadn't kicked the car in the first place. So, the blame for the accident is on the motorcyclist. I was just trying to show that the car wouldn't have crashed into the barrier just from the kick, alone. For some reason the car driver (and your analysis is as good as mine) jerked the wheel to the left; but not from the force of the kick.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Actually IMO the driver tried to push the motorcycle into the wall. The driver then moved right
    to see his work in the mirror, then looked up and noticed they had crossed into another lane and then jerked the wheel
    causing them to lose control and hit the wall.

The reason I say this is because I would have put that fucking motorcycle into the wall. I have moved them over
    and will do it again. A tooth pick on a balanced game at 50+ mph, fuck off.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

That's kind of what I gathered too. Looked like the car deliberately tried to veer left and ram the motorcycle, once he saw him kick the car in the side-view mirror.

Then he over-corrected twice and spun out of control.

Lots of blame to go around here...

Whole lot of stupid to go around, clearly a license revocation and jail time would be in order for these two asswipes.