Thread: WTF is going on with NFA pricing?

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

WTF is going on with NFA pricing?

I decided to look at machinegun pricing tonight, M16's are going for 30K!!!!!!!! Ar18 I bought in 2005/06 for 5K is now going for 14K!!!!!!! This shit needs to end, the NFA needs to be repealed. This is insane, a $500 rifle is 30K.

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    I decided to look at machinegun pricing tonight, M16's are going for 30K!!!!!!!! Ar18 I bought in 2005/06 for 5K is now going for 14K!!!!!!! This shit needs to end, the NFA needs to be repealed. This is insane, a $500 rifle is 30K.
    it NOT the NFA. It's the stupid HUGHES Amendment to the McClure Volkmer act of 1986. What started as a federal law to PROTECT gun owners by Republicans was sabotaged by (you guessed it) DEMOCRATS by them slipping in the 86 MG ban.

If you're gonna bitch about something, it's the HUGHES Amendment to the law that needs to be repealed.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Yep, that unconstitutional ban in 1986 means that every day the last available full auto firearm for purchase gets one day older with no new ones to fill the void between.

Though not as bad, yet it the market for Chinese AK variants with MAK-90s that once sat on the shelf unsaleable at $200 now going for $1000! ( nobody state in that adjusted for inflation thing, thanks).

Told this story before, Son-in-law came back from the sandbox and verified to me that a true AK over there would sell for bread and a chicken. Here in the land of shall not be infringed you would be lucky to find a soviet AK for sale period.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    it NOT the NFA. It's the stupid HUGHES Amendment to the McClure Volkmer act of 1986. What started as a federal law to PROTECT gun owners by Republicans was sabotaged by (you guessed it) DEMOCRATS by them slipping in the 86 MG ban.

If you're gonna bitch about something, it's the HUGHES Amendment to the law that needs to be repealed.
    Good post, very accurate. Sadly with them trying to ban bump stocks, chances of the ban on new full automatic weapon sales is never going to happen

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

What about those newly made Transferable, L2A3 Sterling Submachine Guns, that were newly made? I saw them I think in the Shotgun News or some other Magazine. 5 years or so ago???
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

In Loving Memory of CW4. Paul E. Truitt 22-September, 1929, 23-February, 2018.

In Loving Memory of Montell W. Truitt 8 March, 1933, 3 June, 2021

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post

True, I should've been more specific. The poison pill in the FOPA.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobe Sound AK View Post
    What about those newly made Transferable, L2A3 Sterling Submachine Guns, that were newly made? I saw them I think in the Shotgun News or some other Magazine. 5 years or so ago???
    Haven't heard of them, Must have been a bunch of receivers registered and sat on, or another sting like the lightning links that pop up periodically.