Thread: Is there a run on ar parts right now?

Is there a run on ar parts right now?

I've been looking for a govt profile barrel to replace the hbar on my a2 and for grins went looking at complete uppers either 20 a2 is so passe that everyone qui making them or people are still buying guns like crazy.

Modle 1 sales. ?? maybe
    Everybody else is all about the M-4 profiles, or pistol lengths.

BISHOP

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    I was going to guess what BISHOP said, currently the fad is M-4 and pistol length so 20s are hard to come by.

A2 complete uppers and/or 20" gov't profile barrels are very hard to come by, have been for a while now. Palmetto State Armory has them from time to time.

I guess my a2 is retro now.

My guess is all of you is retro...
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2014 Hatedbysheeple's Avatar

Last year I went to 3 gun shops looking for an 18 or 20 inch rifle length upper, not a one in stock, and a lot of questions why I would want one. Ended up going to my normal place and they ordered me an armalite. I also looked for just uppers in those lengths and didn’t have any luck
    Initial Success or Total Failure

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

https://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...prod97904.aspx A1 profile 20" at Brownell's.

https://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...%7cLength_1=20 Faxon brand 20" SOCOM Govt. profile.

https://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...%7cLength_1=20 20" Criterion chrome lined with .223 Wylde chamber.

You just need to know where to look for it.

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

arms east has complete A2 uppers...
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

windham weaponry who I guess bushmaster turned into, and now there is a new bushmaster, lists exactly what I need, a 20" government profile barrel with A2 (NOT F MARKED) front sight with sling swivel already attached and with M4 feedramps (my armalite upper has M4 feedramps).

https://shop.windhamweaponry.com/col...#axzz56WcWwQSd

They say they will ship within 2 weeks but I doubt that.

I have seen a few on gunbroker. I was just very surprised that they are out of stock in most places and seem kinda hard to find. No one seems to have complete A2 uppers and stripped uppers are out of stock at a lot of places (you can find them here or there).

A few years ago you couldn't swing a dead cat without hitting one, now the pickings are slim. Does that make me old now?

On the same note, does anyone know if someone makes mil spec a2 buttstocks? The only ones I've seen have plastic trapdoors. The one I have from armalite isn't the right color or texture either. Proper should be almost charcoal and fuzzy in texture when dry

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    They say they will ship within 2 weeks but I doubt that.
    The upper i just ordered from Stag arms, they said will ship in 3 weeks, makes me wonder.
    Last edited by rci2950; 02-09-2018 at 03:56 PM.

that was the date I joined dude, yea, I've been slumming it with you folks for 17 years

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    On the same note, does anyone know if someone makes mil spec a2 buttstocks? The only ones I've seen have plastic trapdoors. The one I have from armalite isn't the right color or texture either. Proper should be almost charcoal and fuzzy in texture when dry
    This might be what your looking for:
    http://www.fulton-armory.com/buttsto...2newblack.aspx
    Might want to call them to make sure, though.

Try primary arms or psa.i got mine at centerfire systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning 351 View Post
    Try primary arms or psa.i got mine at centerfire systems.
    Looks like they are out of stock of buttstocks and barrels at all three.

I have found a few for sale so if I really wanted one I could get one I am just more amazed that they seem to be out of stock almost everywhere. A lot of barrels are out of stock which is why I was asking if there is a run on parts.

I guess I am already retro, here's a pic.

I do want to get rid of the boat anchor barrel and put a proper A2 stock on it. to make it truly proper it should be beat to shit with almost no finish left on it, I just couldn't do that to my own rifle. Needs to be dropped from parade rest on asphalt about 10,000 times.

won't let me uplaod a pic for some reason....

is this what you are looking for? Just got off the phone checking the order status on mine and they have them... Mine is already in the mail by the way. They originally told me 3 weeks.

http://www.armseast.ca/stag_arms/stag_15l_retro_upper/

Their US number is 1-844-579-0007 If they are available to Canadians they should be available to you. The person i was talking to on the phone was in florida even though i called the canadian number. Which is what confused the shit out of me at first. Also the price listed there is in Canadian dollars so US price would be 20% less.
    Last edited by rci2950; 02-09-2018 at 09:29 AM.

And yes to answer your title question there is actually a run on AR15s by canadians right now. Our retarded prime minister is threatening more gun control and AR15s are what people are worried he is going to go after. The way the rules worked in Canada in the past on banned guns, if you owned it before the ban you get to keep it and buy more because you fall under a grandfathered class of gun owners. So people that owned an AK47 before the ban in the 90s got to keep theirs and can buy and sell AK47s amongst each other. It is weird but thats how they get around having to pay for confiscated property. When you die your guns go to another grandfathered person. Until there remains only one and the guy is sitting on a warehouse full of AKs

Quote Originally Posted by rci2950 View Post
    is this what you are looking for? Just got off the phone checking the order status on mine and they have them... Mine is already in the mail by the way. They originally told me 3 weeks.

http://www.armseast.ca/stag_arms/stag_15l_retro_upper/

Their US number is 1-844-579-0007 If they are available to Canadians they should be available to you. The person i was talking to on the phone was in florida even though i called the canadian number. Which is what confused the shit out of me at first. Also the price listed there is in Canadian dollars so US price would be 20% less.
    I already have the complete rifle, at some point I want to ditch the hbar barrel so really that is all I need. It also bugs me that the buttstock isn't correct but the front heavy barrel bothers me more