Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Repeal The NFA

Repeal The NFA

This takes half a minute or less. Do it and pass it around. Restore "shall not be infringed..."

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/repeal-nfa
    Last edited by TEN-32; 02-09-2017 at 01:20 PM.
    Face your fear, accept your war.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

Thumbs up

Done, Chief.
    Nietzsche: From life's school of war: what does not kill me makes me stronger.

Did it a week ago
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Quote Originally Posted by mrkalashnikov View Post
    Done, Chief.
    10-4!

Quote Originally Posted by Partisan1983 View Post
    Did it a week ago
    I have several e-mail accounts...

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

I signed as well, though I realize that it will go nowhere as it takes congressional action to repeal the law, the President can't do it on his own. The most he can do is call for its repeal. I guess the other thing he can do is nominate Justices to the SCOTUS who actually support and protect the Constitution.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    I signed as well, though I realize that it will go nowhere as it takes congressional action to repeal the law, the President can't do it on his own. The most he can do is call for its repeal. I guess the other thing he can do is nominate Justices to the SCOTUS who actually support and protect the Constitution.
    Exactly on the it's going no where aspect. These things have come up again and again over the last 15 years, we still have the NFA. Frankly I can live with that, what I want repealed is the 1984 ban on new MG sales to civilians.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Exactly on the it's going no where aspect. These things have come up again and again over the last 15 years, we still have the NFA. Frankly I can live with that, what I want repealed is the 1984 ban on new MG sales to civilians.
    Really? What about 922r? Can you live with that too? Potential federal prison for the wrong US parts count? How much infringement of the Bill of Rights can you "live with"? Where do you draw the line? Are there other amendments you can live without? I don't think we should cherry pick which God given rights we are willing to accept from our government.

I think we may have a unique opportunity to roll back some or all of the incremental erosion of our rights as firearms owners that has crept in over decades. The literature I'm receiving from NRA suggests we seize the moment and push hard to restore our constitutional rights under this administration. Might be our last chance...

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Why the 1934 National Firearms Act is legal, per Chief Justice Roberts. It is a tax, therefore it is legal. Roberts redoing obamacare to make it legal. Call it a tax, it is legal. 1934 NFA is a tax, therefore it is legal. On the other hand, the 1968 Gun Control Act of which ATF added 922(r) in response to a George Bush the First Executive Order in 1989, and the 1986 machine gun ban are very unconstitutional.

Potential federal prison for the wrong US parts count?

bullshit boogeyman law that made you buy us parts from their buddy in georgia.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    bullshit boogeyman law that made you buy us parts from their buddy in georgia.
    1dxet4.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Why the 1934 National Firearms Act is legal, per Chief Justice Roberts. It is a tax, therefore it is legal. Roberts redoing obamacare to make it legal. Call it a tax, it is legal. 1934 NFA is a tax, therefore it is legal. On the other hand, the 1968 Gun Control Act of which ATF added 922(r) in response to a George Bush the First Executive Order in 1989, and the 1986 machine gun ban are very unconstitutional.
    Has it ever been tested where someone made a post '86 machinegun and sent in a check for $200.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TEN-32 View Post
    Really? What about 922r? Can you live with that too? Potential federal prison for the wrong US parts count? How much infringement of the Bill of Rights can you "live with"? Where do you draw the line? Are there other amendments you can live without? I don't think we should cherry pick which God given rights we are willing to accept from our government.

I think we may have a unique opportunity to roll back some or all of the incremental erosion of our rights as firearms owners that has crept in over decades. The literature I'm receiving from NRA suggests we seize the moment and push hard to restore our constitutional rights under this administration. Might be our last chance...
    Switch to decaf cupcake. BTW your nick on Gunsnet is 10-32. I look this up and it says 10-32, Person has criminal record as a Police call sign code. Are you saying you have a criminal record?

922r is a bs law but I live with it by building with the required US parts content. It isn't that hard to do. Paying a TAX, (nobody likes taxes including myself) is a pain in the ass but it doesn't prevent anything. The ban in 1984 on new MG sales to US Citizens, now that I have a big problem with.
    Last edited by Schuetzenman; 02-12-2017 at 07:45 AM.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Switch to decaf cupcake. BTW your nick on Gunsnet is 10-32. I look this up and it says 10-32, Person has criminal record as a Police call sign code. Are you saying you have a criminal record?
    For a few years, I was a dispatcher at a nearby police department. 10-32 in our code meant, "Man With Gun."
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Has anyone every been prosecuted for a 922r violation that wasn't the result of a prosecutor throwing the book at someone?, i.e., part of a larger crime to get a longer overall sentence?

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    Has anyone every been prosecuted for a 922r violation that wasn't the result of a prosecutor throwing the book at someone?, i.e., part of a larger crime to get a longer overall sentence?
    NOPE

unless you're manufacturing guns for profit or into criminal activity and piss them off it's just another law that really cant be enforced on a single person basis.

"he only had 9 US parts, lets spend $200,000+ in tax payer dollars ( budget) and countless man hours investigating it" .. OR " asshole drug dealer gets caught with a bunch of illegal mod'd AK's which leads to huge drugbust and multiple felony convictions for him and the people he rats out"

the internet made this law more serious than it really is.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

I would also think that unless someone was blabbing on the internet about violating 922r that probably cause to or reasonable suspicion necessary to initiate an investigation would be hard to come by.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    I was told by a friend who is high up the food chain in people who wear jackets with letters on the back, that ATF supervisors can't stand 922(r) and his advise is just not to walk up to an ATF agents and "brag about your hot rodded rifle".

As far as I know, nobody has gone up to a judge and had to explain why he/she had 11 imported parts in their rifle or shot gun.

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2012 videodon's Avatar

Yep, done.
    видеодон

LMAO @ "cupcake." 10-32 is "man with a gun" here. Ten codes can vary regionally.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

Wink

I believe we've found a new user name for you here. Chief Cupcake, or mebbe Kaptain Kupcake?
    Nietzsche: From life's school of war: what does not kill me makes me stronger.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast