Thread: CZ-83 At AIM

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

CZ-83 At AIM

What a bother! I have been wanting to get a CZ-83 as a complimentary piece to my CZ-82, and possibly to give to my daughter when she is ready for a gun. I have been watching the sites for over 4 years waiting for them to show up. Now, when I am less than 20 days from moving from DC to Washington state and they are available at AIM! What lousy timing. I would order it if I was not moving. Now, in order to order it I have to find a new FFL that will store the gun for a month until I am settled. I have looked a little but the place I found wants $50 to do the transfer! What's worse is the guy is a friend and I think that price is outrageous. I have a lead on a couple of FFLs that charge about half that for the transfer so I might see if I can work a deal with one of them. Why couldn't this have been available a month or two ago!!!
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Ummm.... Shit happens?

Be careful what you wish for?

That is what I get for looking at advertisements when I knew I couldn't buy!
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

NRA Endowment Member

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Ouch!

I know that feel.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

I found a FFL in Washington that will hold the gun till I get there, only $25 for the transfer and no fee for holding the gun, so I ordered it last night (my wife will not be happy!). The FFL did tell me that Washington state now requires the collection of a fee, equal to the state sales tax, for all guns ordered from an out of state business but ran through a Washington FFL. I used to look forward to retiring in Washington, I am starting to look at retiring to somewhere else. Idaho, Texas, Oklahoma, all come to mind as good places to go. Maybe New Hampshire, but it is very cold there.

NRA Endowment Member

I also did some looking and the mags I have for the CZ-82 are the same as the ones used in the CZ-83 but they hold one less round (12 instead of 13). I consider that a bonus!

NRA Endowment Member

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    I found a FFL in Washington that will hold the gun till I get there, only $25 for the transfer and no fee for holding the gun, so I ordered it last night (my wife will not be happy!). The FFL did tell me that Washington state now requires the collection of a fee, equal to the state sales tax, for all guns ordered from an out of state business but ran through a Washington FFL. I used to look forward to retiring in Washington, I am starting to look at retiring to somewhere else. Idaho, Texas, Oklahoma, all come to mind as good places to go. Maybe New Hampshire, but it is very cold there.
    TX no income tax. TN, no income tax. GA, income tax but very NFA and gun friendly. CCW permits are less than $100 for 5 years in most counties. Not so cold here, especially in the south part of the state.

In terms of taxes, I think Kansas has 2 problems ...

1)We have 105 counties, so there is a lot of duplication of services ... we could easily drop 100 counties, and have just 5 county seats ... now with the computer age most things could be done on line and would save hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of dollars

2) We have too many government and religious entities that don't pay taxes.

They tax everything here in Kansas ... you are taxed to make the money(income), spend the money(sales tax), save the money(tax on interest or investments), land/home and cars tax (Personal property tax) ... I think we even have a death tax(inheritance tax) ...

... But we are gun friendly!

I am glad I ordered when I did. I ordered on Thursday and it was shipped on Friday. I looked at the site this morning and the CZ-83 advertisement was taken down! Looks like I got one of the last they had!

Thanks Sheutz and Kimberkid for the information. Kansas would be interesting as they also have great pheasant hunting and I love pheasant hunting. Georgia has the hot, hot, hot, humid summers which are a detractor, but it is, for the moment a liberty loving state. I could go there if there was a good job when I retire.

NRA Endowment Member