Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I really feel like this cop was surrounded enough to ahoot...

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

I really feel like this cop was surrounded enough to ahoot...

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    If anything he should get a promotion for not killing any of the little fuckers

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Btw, I spell shoot ahoot. Cool huh?

OK. cop was surrounded by hostile protesters and is forced to fire his weapon. No problem here.

Mike Strickland faces the same danger, merely pulls his weapon out for a second or two, then re-holsters it and gets 50 years in the slammer.

Go figure.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    OK. cop was surrounded by hostile protesters and is forced to fire his weapon. No problem here.

Mike Strickland faces the same danger, merely pulls his weapon out for a second or two, then re-holsters it and gets 50 years in the slammer.

Go figure.
    Did he. Talk about injustice. Bangers get probation for shooting at people in all major cities. This shit has almost reached civil war.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

I would not be a cop in this country nowadays, for all the tea in China.

Especially a white cop dealing with all the protected species of criminal dirtbags.
    Nietzsche: From life's school of war: what does not kill me makes me stronger.

The cop was off-duty and should have called for an on-duty uniformed cop to address someone being in his yard. This is the sort of thing best handled by a uniformed officer. And like most of us he should have had to wait at least 30 minutes for an on-duty cop to arrive. If a "citizen" (such as most of us are) pulled a gun on a pack of punks we would be arrested -- and in a liberal State convicted. It is wrong that the police have one standard of self defense for themselves and another for "citizens." It is also wrong that they (cops) can carry a gun off duty and a citizen cannot. This country wasn't founded on the concept that a government employee has more rights than a citizen. I think everyone should be able to carry a gun, but if I cannot carry one an off-duty cop should not be allowed to carry one.

The best way to keep punks off of one's property is a high fence (if zoning permits) and a few Pit Bulls. Most thugs/punks have no respect for a cop, but they all have respect for a Pit Bull.

I have great respect for private property and the use of firearms for self defense but I am not going to put myself in a position (I hope) of having to use a weapon because someone walked across my lawn.

As a final thought, once the kid grabbed him the cop should have knocked him out with a right cross (or left if he is left handed). The kid was perfectly set up for this (learning forward and squared off) and a quick knock out would make others think twice about a mob action.

Of course now the cop's house is likely to be vandalized on a regular basis by the punk and his friends. When they get older things will escalate to drive-by shootings.

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post

Go figure.
    Double standard. One for government law enforcement. One for citizens.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Seems like we have gone from a country of laws to mob rule. Yes the off-duty out of uniformed civilian should have waited for back up which was on the way. So sick that the event resulted in the out of control riots that followed.

Afraid that something that should remain minor, blows up like this did with the exception that the waiting stick of dynamite gets lit and all hell truly breaks loose. The rioters with rocks and bottles will not be happy with the return fire. I hope it never gets that far, but you can wave a lighted match at a fuse just so long before it ignites.

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Ol' boy should have set up a blind in the front yard. Sit in the blind and wait for the geese to come waltzing all over the yard then light 'em up. Problem solved - no more geese in the yard.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Seems like we have gone from a country of laws to mob rule. Yes the off-duty out of uniformed civilian should have waited for back up which was on the way. So sick that the event resulted in the out of control riots that followed.

Afraid that something that should remain minor, blows up like this did with the exception that the waiting stick of dynamite gets lit and all hell truly breaks loose. The rioters with rocks and bottles will not be happy with the return fire. I hope it never gets that far, but you can wave a lighted match at a fuse just so long before it ignites.
    This is because no one has been truly enforcing laws(especially immigration) for a whole generation. Those "kids" have learned from somewhere that they can attack. And they did attack. In the vid you see one walk up set down his stuff and take a swing and the next one tried to tackle him. Both are assault charges.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

I hope the officer is not sacrificed on the altar of political correctness as we have seen in the past. I trust the justice system and that works most of the time, but he could be fired to try to placate the rioters, which would be an injustice.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

The idiots vandalised the officers home as well as his neighbor directly behind it since idiots can't read.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

If any of you did what this cop did while in his jurisdiction he would arrest you and not think twice. Don't kid yourself.

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

he should lose his job and get locked up minimum.

if i would have wittnessed this, i would have had him at gunpoint.

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    Quote Originally Posted by jet3534 View Post
    If any of you did what this cop did while in his jurisdiction he would arrest you and not think twice. Don't kid yourself.
    and I can guarantee you'd rather have him as a neighbor than any of the other little shits in that video.

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    and I can guarantee you'd rather have him as a neighbor than any of the other little shits in that video.
    What you say is true, but it is also true that I don't want cops to be subject to a different standard of justice than average citizens. Do you think for a minute that if off-duty cops were not allowed to carry guns they would support gun control laws in States like California? Do you think if off duty-cops were arrested for brandishing a firearm they would be out arresting other people for brandishing? The start of a police state or a liberal State (over time they become the same thing) is having a standard of justice that treats police and other government employees differently than citizens. That is the point I am trying to make -- and apparently doing a poor job trying to make it based on the knee jerk support here of the police for doing something that you or I would be arrested for. Of course I don't want a bunch of punks as neighbors and that is why I live in West VA and not in a city or suburbs. If I did have punks walking on my lawn I would put up barb wire.

There is a reason we have uniformed police officers and kids walking on a lawn is not an issue that requires an off-duty cop to swing into action. Think about it. How do people seeing this guy grab a kid know he is a cop and not some adult attacking a kid? How would you like to be pulled over for speeding by an armed man who is not wearing a police uniform? How would you react? Think about it. My reaction would be Condition Orange for sure. Likewise if I happened to step on someone's lawn (which for me would be an accident unlike the punk) and the guy grabbed me it would be a Condition Red situation. My kids are adults but if I had ever seen an adult become physical with one of them when they were kids for any reason (other than a uniformed police officer) if would have been a Condition Red situation.

Bottom line is the cop should be arrested and citizens in CA should demand the right to carry a gun or demand that off-duty cops be disarmed.
    Last edited by jet3534; 02-24-2017 at 09:28 PM.

Based upon the video of the confrontation (above), I’m inclined to agree with the prosecutor. I saw no justification for Strickland to draw his pistol and point it directly at protestors based on their actions. While the crowd may have been hostile and even menacing, they’d done nothing I saw that justified Strickland drawing and aiming his weapon in “self-defense” as he claimed.

He overreacted, and sadly, that overreaction has now left him in a position for facing up to 50 years for pointing a gun at a crowd.
    https://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2017/0...-gun-on-crowd/
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    Based upon the video of the confrontation (above), I’m inclined to agree with the prosecutor. I saw no justification for Strickland to draw his pistol and point it directly at protestors based on their actions. While the crowd may have been hostile and even menacing, they’d done nothing I saw that justified Strickland drawing and aiming his weapon in “self-defense” as he claimed.

He overreacted, and sadly, that overreaction has now left him in a position for facing up to 50 years for pointing a gun at a crowd.
    https://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2017/0...-gun-on-crowd/
    At the first handgun class I ever took the instructor said to always carry pepper spray if you carry a gun so as to have a less than lethal option. This was good advice. Even if one has fighting skills, using your hands against another person can cause a lethal injury to them or can cause serious injury to your hands (e.g., as demonstrated in the Mike Tyson street altercation with boxer Mitch Green). Pepper spray should not cause a lasting injury unless someone the person sprayed has a medical condition and use of pepper spray is probably how Strickland should have addressed a perceived threat.

It's interesting the jury ready and willing to throw a young mans life away for nothing. No one was injured, and he was definitely under threat to his life. Lesson learned; don't visit protests.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast