Thread: Have a question on my new Ruger Ar 556

Have a question on my new Ruger Ar 556

I got two nasty blemishes on my barrel that are down to the steel they were caused from that plastic clip Ruger puts on the barrel somehow it rubbed off the black oxide paint the imperfections are equally spaced about 1" on each side where it says "1/8 Twist" . Anyway Ruger said they could fix the barrel no problem ,now would they have to remove the gas block and stuff and blast the whole upper again or could they just mask off the rifle and only do the barrel? This rifle was bought new but I failed to remove that clip when I was inspecting it.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Well if it is anything like a standard AR15 they can just take the barrel nut loose and remove the gas block and flash hider. Taking a gas block off isn't that big of a deal. They might just put a new barrel assembly on it and ship it back. That way you'd get it back a lot quicker IMO. The Serial Number should be only on the lower receiver.

Thanks I havent even shot it yet haha

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Ruger has a fairly good reputation for customer service. I would expect they would just need the upper for the barrel refinish, and knowing Ruger you should be hard pressed to see you had a problem when you get it back. It should be like new.