Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any Gunsnet Members you wonder 'what happened to them?" :D

Any Gunsnet Members you wonder 'what happened to them?" :D

I've wondered where MJ1 went. He always had the nicest pics of his C&R long guns. His avatar was a flag of the Republic of South Vietnam, so I always figured he was a Nam Vet

Anyone else you guys noticed haven't been posting that you miss?

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Yeah lots of them. I didn't know them well, but I wonder where they are. Lisl Auman, Dthor, Glock Boy, Gator, William P Dunlevy, HDR, Rew, the list is long and I am forgetting some.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

MJ1 was offended by a couple of members here. He & I used to exchange PM's quite a bit & he told me the deal.

He was a VN combat vet who had a huge collection of military firearms, along with some belt-fed MGs & other NFA toys.
    Nietzsche: From life's school of war: what does not kill me makes me stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by mrkalashnikov View Post
    MJ1 was offended by a couple of members here. He & I used to exchange PM's quite a bit & he told me the deal.

He was a VN combat vet who had a huge collection of military firearms, along with some belt-fed MGs & other NFA toys.
    Really? Well we ALL have been offended by some members in the past. Thankfully three of the BIGGEST turds got flushed a while ago. It was becoming unbearable for a while.

I really like MJ1's photos, especially his M1 Garand collection. He had tons of them. I wonder if the members who offended him are the same ones who have been jettisoned?

Rew died last year.

a lot of people just get tired of the same ole same ole.

theres quite a few places i refuse to visit/be involved with anymore .
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Yeah a few guys, Mark Ducati he was a really cool guy. We used to PM each other, last I knew he had some family issues, then moved on. Along with HDR, his saying was always the two way range is an educational experience lol. I used to think his screen name meant Home Defense Rifle, but on the old post of what people's screen names meant I think it ended up being Harley Davidson Rider, lol. And Old Grump, he brought a lot of funny to the place and good information. While most would say they would take an AR15 or an AK varient in a SHTF situation he was usually saying an M1 Garand was the one for him. I was off the site for 3 or 4 years, but I did find myself here a couple of times for a couple of minutes once in a while. I hope those guys are doing good.

Old Grump passed away a few years ago, went in his sleep
    I did see HDR's and RJShooter's names as being on line when the New Membership fix was announced
    Maybe they will jump in again
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Well as far as I know the whole story of the meltdown was never told to us and the site was down for a long long time.
    More than half of the membership disappeared then and many were surprised, I was, when the place just popped back up one day.
    Along with the membership that disappeared was the intellectual archives and that was the heart.
    Some of the guys are still out there and pop in from time to time but many are gone forever.

But the place is still plugging along and I personally am proud of that fact. The owners could have pulled the plug anytime and didn't.
    And by opening the place up is, well we will see.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post

I really like MJ1's photos, especially his M1 Garand collection. He had tons of them. I wonder if the members who offended him are the same ones who have been jettisoned?
    One guy in particular here just stopped posting. Neither Kaddy or Lefty were the guilty parties.

While we're on this topic, I just recently came across this thread from 3 years ago. A lot of "where are they now" questions raised/ answered in it. http://www.gunsnet.net/showthread.ph...wn-memory-lane

Mark Ducati used to drive me nuts. Bragged about his stuff all the time and i think in the end his wife took him out.
    Crazybosnian, meatball, gijanering, studmuffin,
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Any update on Chief Thunder? He must be out by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Skip View Post
    Any update on Chief Thunder? He must be out by now.
    Yes,he's out,I haven't heard from him in a long,long, time. Is bow hunt around anywhere??

I think that I used to see MJ1 on uzitalk.

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    Mark Ducati used to drive me nuts. Bragged about his stuff all the time and i think in the end his wife took him out.
    Crazybosnian, meatball, gijanering, studmuffin,

Mark Ducati, did he pass away?

I still see Lynx sometimes around on arf. What about the kid, who tried to join the FBI, but couldn't. Darn his name escapes me know. He also used to post on Uzitalk on the Mac forums. He (years ago...) posted a picture of him in a suit and sunglasses holding a FAL. (I think)

Quote Originally Posted by El Duce View Post
    Mark Ducati, did he pass away?
    I remember his wife left him and he went off the deep end for awhile
    Shot a hole in his garage I believe, but not sure about his passing
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

I remember that Otto. He was able to keep his practice.

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    Just out of curiosity, what did he brag about? I don't recall that about him but then my memory of him isn't that good. Was it about guns? or something else?

On a different note:

I DO think that there IS an element of jealousy among some gun members. They instinctively hate other members who have have more guns than they do. That's ONE of the reasons why I haven't posted pics recently. There will always be some guy who hates you or feels the need to insult someone because of petty jealousy.

Quote Originally Posted by mrkalashnikov View Post
    One guy in particular here just stopped posting. Neither Kaddy or Lefty were the guilty parties.
    Was it the myth, the legend, .... the piss stained mattress with the purple Shotgun, packs of KOOLS, some random currency and a kitchen knife LEGEND???

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast