Thread: In reading the "Where are they now" thread

In reading the "Where are they now" thread

How long have have we been here? I found this place by a navy guy telling me about it and bought
    my M70AB2 and a 229 because of it, went through the rants after my "accident" and more than one
    here helped me cope. Had the Ga. boy shoot in 06 and still have pictures somewhere and helped
    our boys and girls as best I could from here in 07.

I joined in early to mid 2006. Seems longer....... but isn't life and time strange. Well this has always
    been my net home, even when the asses wanted to ban me for bringing up the turner diaries and some
    of them are still here. Even after that I was told I didn't fit...

Hell I have said so much BS here that I had more than 10k posts before the meltdown.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

I joined in '99. I can remember having WebTv. It was slow as F. But, it was cool and I was in no hurry. I learned a great deal about my AKs, but the real fun was the chatter.

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Joined in 2002 used to joke with Fred Sanford alot. Took a break for a couple years and came back after the reboot.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Fred. Lol. I will never forget his picture of "the goods". Good times.

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    Fred. Lol. I will never forget his picture of "the goods". Good times.
    the cigarettes, kitchen knife and about 30 one dollar bills spread out over a piss stained mattress lol yup and the purple maverick shotgun
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    I signed up in Feb of 2002. Helped rewrite the for sale forum which back then was huge and out of control. Was a lot of fun as we had a great mix of true firearm owners, and some who just liked the old "fireside chat" style of part of the forum, while we also had our no-holds barred side too. Had over 35,000 posts that were lost when the old site was stolen. Lots of really good firearm discussions, and a great mix of true experts from all over the hobby.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

I found GN by way of Linx310's Romanian AK site. That was in '03 or '04.
    Nietzsche: From life's school of war: what does not kill me makes me stronger.

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkalashnikov View Post
    I found GN by way of Linx310's Romanian AK site. That was in '03 or '04.
    Link had a very researched Romanian AK site. He is also the member who figured out the formula to make homemade "tannerite". I believe he also owned a 1914A1 ??? Browning machine gun and he used to like to take rides on his bike and post pictures of the country side in his part of Texas.

ETA: On the original site, we all had member numbers. Mine was 43x something. I looked up one time to see which member had the lowest number. As I recall, Meathook was number 2. There were a lot of very low numbers who signed up, but never posted at all after that.

The college kid who first started the site, Ian...wonder what he's doing now after about 20 years.
    Last edited by N/A; 03-18-2017 at 03:51 PM.
    No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

I used to more or less lurk here in the old days mainly to pick up firearms knowledge. I would post a few comments in the general discussion section that would sometimes generate a negative response or two from a neocon. If my memory is correct, I once got many negative comments from a post suggesting that Israel was culpable in the the deliberate attack on the U.S.S. Liberty. I guess this talk about the old days is making me nostalgic - I pulled a WASR-10 out of the safe that I hadn't shot in probably 12 years and replaced the fire control group with the TAPCO G2 trigger. I actually had to think long and hard to recall how to do this. As an aside, I see that WASR AKs now cost around $700 whereas I saw a Ruger AR on sale recently for $499. Times have changed.