Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What in the SAM HILL is going on around here?!

Cool What in the SAM HILL is going on around here?!

Holy Mary, Mother of God...

I take a 2-year sabbatical to reflect and collect myself, and come back here to my home-sweet-home to find...

(Alright, alright... I had this big snarky piece of political diatribe all typed up and raring to go, reflecting on current events and the political situation and what not, but against better judgment, I'll refrain from posting it. )

HAHAHA! Hey guys, what's up? Is America great again or what?

You know, after Schuetz gave me the ol' heave-ho two years ago to this day, all thanks to Kadmos dragging me down with him because of his post in that missing girl thread (that Jewish tombstone photoshop you guys made for him was a nice touch, BTW ) I took some time off away from the Interwebz to reflect and do some soul-searching.

But I did check in to lurk from time to time, just to see what all the latest gossip was about amongst the culture.

Some days when I got bored and needed a lift-me-up, I'd just come here and do random searches as guest for random keywords, and up would pop up dozens of threads back from a few years ago, all the epic debate threads we had over the years over everything from evolution to global warming and everything else. Those were some good times! That $300 I donated for GunsNet Platinum membership a few years ago was worth every penny.

I did find it quite humorous to find some of you still talking about me (and Kadmos for awhile) many months after we had our posting privileges revoked. And by the looks of it, a few were even counting down the very day until our possible return as well.

I obviously left quite an impression on y'all -- and, to be honest, y'all left quite an impression on me as well.

I just want you to know that I love all you guys. And enjoy listening to your banter very much, even if I can't always be part of the conversation any more.

Anyway, take care. And godspeed. (In case Schuetz gives me the perma-boot now that I've reared my ugly head again, like he promised a few months back.)

And may Justice Gorsuch expand our gun rights, including allowing all felons to exercise their God-given 2A rights once again as well.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    See, you stop putting out the poison and they come right back, somebody get the pellet rifle.

squeal like a pig
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Talk about a blast from the past!

Pretty soon Fred Maxwell will be posting back.... lol
    The Guns Network | Often Imitated - Never Duplicated!
    The most recently revised government version of anything supersedes all evidence to the contrary past, present or future. That's a working definition of authoritarianism.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Uh you didn't take a holiday. You were thrown away. But never the lees I am glad you are still
    breathing. Your avatar tells all I need to know. Now go die.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    Your avatar tells all I need to know.
    Just for the record, I didn't pick that avatar. It was picked for me after my departure.

But I did find it quite humorous ("Atheist in His Natural Habitat" I believe was the meme) so I'll go ahead and leave it there for now.

Now all we need to do is drag back some of the old players and get this place hoppin' again.

Anyone keeping tabs on Oswald Bastable? What about El Jefe? Did he ever get around to building that big boat of his? Might have to make a road trip out to Missouri to buy him a beer some time and reminisce.

Someone send out the bat-signal and let Kadmos know his time has come, and we'll get this party started. I heard he got banned from another gun board in the meantime, something to do with questioning "open carry."

Kadmos just can't win for losing, can he?

"That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Welcome back, of you two I was happier to see Kadmos go, but wish he was back too the shit needs to be stirred up once in a while even from leftists. Just don't go blocking our traffic.

There is something to be said for having a sense of humor.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

I've got my eye on you boy!

Scheutz use both eyes. The boy better be on probation.

be the heat..

Hell is freezing over, where is Ferd?

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Good to see old names back here.

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    squeal like a pig
    Who has a banjo??
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRxUbv90lLI
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uzae_SqbmDE
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    I've got my eye on you boy!
    Don't worry, my friend. Believe it or not, I didn't come back to ruffle any feathers.

I'm not going to be flooding the board with posts again. In fact, I'll probably just keep myself confined to this thread for now.

I don't remember if I posted a few years back, but I went through the hoops and rigamarole to try to get my gun rights restored through the state pardon process.

Unfortunately, the pardon board (parole board) very rarely grants full pardons unless at least a couple decades have passed and one has been a "productive citizen" with absolutely no run-ins with the law in the meantime. I'm half-way there -- 10 years without so much as a fresh arrest.

But there is a new relief process in place for applying for restoration of just gun rights WITHOUT full pardon, so I'm going to try to scrape together a few thousand bucks and hire an expert attorney who specializes in these types of relief cases.

Ever heard of Alex Kincaid?

http://alexkincaid.com/

She's a nationally syndicated speaker on Fox News specializing in Second Amendment issues, and she is located right in my AO.

She's the best, so I'm hoping she can help me get my gun rights restored once and for all.

Then I can actually start posting and sharing more in the gun-related forums, instead of "trolling" general discussion all the time.

Besides, I'm quite busy with school and work right now to get sucked back into the forums too much.

But I just wanted to drop by to shout out to all my peeps and let you know that you haven't been forgotten.

Until we meet again...

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Good luck with school, may it be a platform to propel you to better things.

Hey good luck.

be the heat..

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Welcome back. I look forward to the upcoming excitement.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    Don't worry, my friend. Believe it or not, I didn't come back to ruffle any feathers.

You gonna change that avatar?

It's pretty bad.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by rci2950 View Post
    Welcome back. I look forward to the upcoming excitement.
    You spelled excrement wrong
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast