Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 19 Y/O shoots and kills three burglars with AR15

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

19 Y/O shoots and kills three burglars with AR15

Good shoot!

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/03/27...-burglars.html

Three would-be robbers were shot and killed Monday when an Oklahoma homeowner's son opened fire on them with an AR-15, authorities said.

Wagoner County sheriff's deputies were called to the home in Broken Arrow, southeast of Tulsa at around 12:30 p.m. local time. When they arrived, they found the three dead suspects and two uninjured residents.

Sheriff's spokesman Deputy Nick Mahoney said the suspects enetered the home through a glass back door with the intent to burglarize it. It was not immediately clear why they picked that home.

Mahoney said the suspects encountered the homeowner's 19-year-old son, who opened fire after an exchange of words. Two of the suspects died in the home's kitchen while a third was found in the driveway.

It was not immediately clear whether the suspects were armed, but Mahoney said the preliminary investigation indicated the shootings were in self-defense. The homeowner's son volunteered to give a statement at the sheriff's office.

This is very, very unusual for us [in Wagoner County]," Mahoney told the Tulsa World. "It's not something we're used to."

http://okcfox.com/news/local/wagoner...ken-arrow-area

BROKEN ARROW, Okla. (KTUL) -- One person is in custody after three suspects in a Wagoner County home invasion were shot to death Monday afternoon by one of the residents.

According to the Wagoner County Sheriff's Office, the suspects' getaway driver has been arrested. The 21-year-old woman turned herself in at the Broken Arrow Police Department hours after the shooting, saying she had information. Wagoner County investigators interviewed her at the police department and subsequently arrested her.

Investigators haven't released the names of anyone involved but say the deceased suspects are between 16 and 18 years old. Two of the suspects were armed, according to investigators. One with a knife and the other with brass knuckles.

Deputies responded to the home near 9100 S. Clearview Drive around 12:30 p.m. after a report of a possible home invasion with shots fired. Upon arrival, deputies found three suspects dead and the two residents uninjured.

Deputy Nick Mahoney says the preliminary investigation shows that the three suspects went to the residence with the intent to burglarize the home.

"They were dressed in black, all had masks on, and all had gloves on," said Mahoney.

Mahoney says the suspects broke in through a glass door in the back of the house. After entering the residence, the suspects encountered the homeowner's 23-year-old son who also lives there.

"There was a short exchange of words and then gunfire happened," he said.

A neighbor down the road said the gunshots sounded like a storm.

"Well, I thought it was thunder, I just heard something, I had the doors closed," said Leon Simmons.

Two suspects died in the kitchen and a third ran from the home but collapsed and died in the driveway.

Both residents are cooperating with investigators. The homeowner's son volunteered to go to the sheriff's office to give a statement.

"Preliminary investigation, it looks like it was self-defense," said Mahoney.

Residents in the neighborhood say they've seen an increase in break-ins recently.

"Within the past six months we've had two or three burglaries out here," said Simmons.

Investigators say it's too early to know if the suspects are connected to any other burglaries in the Tulsa-Wagoner area.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

I like stories with happy endings.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Outstanding!

A 21 year old female driving the getaway car has been arrested. Someone of the same name was arrested in Tulsa a few weeks ago for theft. Likely the same person which shows how the system works.

I never liked the idea of having to shoot an AR indoors without ear protection. Seems like it would cause permanent hearing damage.

Quote Originally Posted by jet3534 View Post

I never liked the idea of having to shoot an AR indoors without ear protection. Seems like it would cause permanent hearing damage.
    It certainly did for 3 people..

So stupid that young men anywhere turn their hearts towards larceny instead of industry. For gods sake get a job and get the things you want honestly instead of stealing it from someone who worked for what they have. I feel most sorry for the kid who had to defend himself and family.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

I feel sorry though for the young man who was forced to defend his home with deadly force. Killing 3 other people no matter how justified...will probably weigh heavily on him.
    Nietzsche: From life's school of war: what does not kill me makes me stronger.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

I imagine the same would hold true for a 12 gauge shotgun or magnum-caliber pistol.
    Nietzsche: From life's school of war: what does not kill me makes me stronger.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Which is why I keep a set of electronic muffs in the drawer by my bed. Not only do they protect my hearing but when they are turned on the actually give me super human hearing.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9Z...Q5SHdLb3M/view
    The girl they arrested apparently planned it all.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Which is why I keep a set of electronic muffs in the drawer by my bed. Not only do they protect my hearing but when they are turned on the actually give me super human hearing.
    I do also, but one has to think about family members as well.

The conversation before the shooting may have only been three words, i.e., suck on this."

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by rktman View Post
    It certainly did for 3 people..
    ^ BWAHHAAAAAA

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

I hope she is charged with 3 counts of aggravated murder. 3 people died in the commission of a felony that she was party to, seems only right.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

i hear she is getting 3 counts of first degree murder.

there are 2 things that bother me about all of this. 1, i find it fishy there are so many different "facts". look at the 2 quoted articles in the op, in one the shooter is 19, the other he is 23. ive also heard he was 21. ive heard it was his parents home and ive heard he was the homeowner. one of the last stories i heard said that 3 were dead from gunshot wounds and he shot 2 of them (obviously not a mathematician there) ive heard (and is stated in the op) there were 2 residents present, or he was home alone.

and while on the subject of the incompetent media, that brings me to point 2. every story on it is reported in a manner using loaded words to insinuate that the would be burglars were the heroes here. that the homeowner (or their son) were the evil asshole with the bad gun who mercilessly gunned down 3 innocent little children for no reason what so ever. this story has me questioning my choices in life, as when on good morning america today, i found myself agreeing with nancy grace, who told the hosts that "it dosent matter if it was an ar15 or a bb gun, they were breaking the law" when they made a remark about how "but, but, but, it was a scary assault rifle?!?!"

but back to this rodriguez girl, ive heard that she brought them to this same house EARLIER THAT DAY(!!) and robbed the same house but made them go back because the liquor and speakers they stole was not enough to pay her rent. she deserves to rot in jail over this, and the media needs to stop with their pathetic attempt to vilify all those who dont fit their narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by skorpion View Post
    Investigators haven't released the names of anyone involved but say the deceased suspects are between 16 and 18 years old. Two of the suspects were armed, according to investigators.
    It's a shame that young kids had to die, but they did it to themselves.

In NY the homeowner would probably be arrested for having an AR-15... after all, NY is "SAFE" now that we have the "SAFE" act...
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Quote Originally Posted by mrkalashnikov View Post
    I imagine the same would hold true for a 12 gauge shotgun or magnum-caliber pistol.

Even a .22 pistol is hella-loud indoors. True, not as bad as a 12 ga or big pistol, but still ear-ringing loud.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

If you read the link I posted above you see the girl instigated it all, she arranged the entire thing and got her friends to go along with her plan, so she is taking the fall for it.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    If you read the link I posted above you see the girl instigated it all, she arranged the entire thing and got her friends to go along with her plan, so she is taking the fall for it.
    I think her three dead friends took the fall and she will get off pretty easy in comparison, even if convicted of first degree murder.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    Holy crap! That's a girl???? She looks like a Dimocrat.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast