Thread: So Japan could launch a first strike on NK?

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

So Japan could launch a first strike on NK?

Drudge has an article on this. I will link it, but isn't Japan pretty much neutered since WWII? And isn't North Korea pretty badass in terms of sheer numbers of weapons?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/319508...b-japan-fears/
    Last edited by Altarboy; 03-28-2017 at 11:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    Drudge has an article on this. I will link it, but isn't Japan pretty much neutered since WWII? And isn't North Korea pretty badass in terms of sheer numbers of weapons?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/319508...b-japan-fears/
    Japan's not a nuclear power, but they've been building up their Self Defense Forces for years now. The problem is that they have to have a constitutional amendment which changes their military ability to offensive rather than defensive in order for them to take a more active role in RIMPAC exercises. Japan has top level navy and aircraft capability. They buy a lot of their stuff from the U.S. anyway.

The sucky issue is that we can't nuke North Korea without endangering (via radiation) a bunch of our own allies (like South korea and Japan). I'd be happy if we sent a bunch of conventional tomahawk and maverick missiles into the Presidential Palace in Pyong Yang. though

MOABS and lots of them and JDAMS and lots of them.

BISHOP

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2014 Hatedbysheeple's Avatar

Having spent time in South Korea, I can tell you that if Japan attacked NK unilaterally, South Korea would defend NK and attack Japan right back.

People forget it is still a civil war, people still have family members on each side of the border, South Korea would probably attack us if we went after NK on our own.

Also everyone in Asia hates Japan, for the whole WW2 thing still.
    Initial Success or Total Failure

Quote Originally Posted by Hatedbysheeple View Post
    Having spent time in South Korea, I can tell you that if Japan attacked NK unilaterally, South Korea would defend NK and attack Japan right back.

People forget it is still a civil war, people still have family members on each side of the border, South Korea would probably attack us if we went after NK on our own.

That may be so, but SK defending NK would be stupid beyond measure.
    Also, a number of f15s and tankers flew to Hawaii from the mainland, assumed headed further east, only a few days ago so something may be going on.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

When were you in SK? That scenario would only make sense if Japan went nuts and started attacking everyone randomly. NOT in response to aggression by the El Fatso. 1) I seriously doubt that SK would rush to the aid of North Korea, if the NORKS provoke any sort of attack on themselves by attacking first. That's just stupid. Not only Japan be furious, but the UNITED STATES as well, the primary benefactor and uncle sugar (militarily) for the South for decades 2) The South has been preparing for WAR with the NORTH for decades. Them forgetting all will not happen. Sure they have relatives over on the other side and sure they want unification, but tons of the Southerners hate the Northerners.

Team GunsNet Platinum 02/2014 Hatedbysheeple's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    When were you in SK? That scenario would only make sense if Japan went nuts and started attacking everyone randomly. NOT in response to aggression by the El Fatso. 1) I seriously doubt that SK would rush to the aid of North Korea, if the NORKS provoke any sort of attack on themselves by attacking first. That's just stupid. Not only Japan be furious, but the UNITED STATES as well, the primary benefactor and uncle sugar (militarily) for the South for decades 2) The South has been preparing for WAR with the NORTH for decades. Them forgetting all will not happen. Sure they have relatives over on the other side and sure they want unification, but tons of the Southerners hate the Northerners.
    Deployed there in 2015 for 6 months working with their top units. Lived and traveled all through Asia for 4 years.
    Japan, china, Korea, Vietnam, Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand, Cambodia, Australia. I have spent at a minimum a month in each country.

Don't think of it as two blood enemies, it's a civil war. They still trade to the tune of $5 million dollars a day the NK run slave labor manufacturing on the border, the SK design, manage, and sell the products made. If I was terrified of my neighbor I wouldn't fund his weapons programs like that.

The top brass in NK are first and second cousins of the top political and business brass of SK. They still talk, they still make things happen in back channels. It would be like the south and north stalemated in the civil war and 60 years later Mexico attacks the south. They don't upset the cart because the brass in NK like the system they have, but Jong un, is actually crazy unlike his dad who knew how to play the game and only acted crazy to get money and not get attacked.

The other thing you need to realize is that asians hold multi generation and multi century grudges. The Koreans hate the Chinese for shit they did 400 years ago, and the Chinese hate the Koreans for something 800 years ago. They are also extremely racist, toward everyone not them, but especially other asians. All of korea actively hates Japan, and they would eagerly go to war out of that hatred, because of what the Japanese did in ww2. It doesn't make sense to us but it does to them.

There are a lot of things in asians cultures that do not exist in ours, things we don't understand. Try getting an Asian to say no, they won't do it, because they will lose face.
    Initial Success or Total Failure

So that makes me think "To hell with them."
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Deployed there in 2015 for 6 months working with their top units. Lived and traveled all through Asia for 4 years.
    Japan, china, Korea, Vietnam, Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand, Cambodia, Australia. I have spent at a minimum a month in each country.

Don't think of it as two blood enemies, it's a civil war. They still trade to the tune of $5 million dollars a day the NK run slave labor manufacturing on the border, the SK design, manage, and sell the products made. If I was terrified of my neighbor I wouldn't fund his weapons programs like that.

The top brass in NK are first and second cousins of the top political and business brass of SK. They still talk, they still make things happen in back channels. It would be like the south and north stalemated in the civil war and 60 years later Mexico attacks the south. They don't upset the cart because the brass in NK like the system they have, but Jong un, is actually crazy unlike his dad who knew how to play the game and only acted crazy to get money and not get attacked.

The other thing you need to realize is that asians hold multi generation and multi century grudges. The Koreans hate the Chinese for shit they did 400 years ago, and the Chinese hate the Koreans for something 800 years ago. They are also extremely racist, toward everyone not them, but especially other asians. All of korea actively hates Japan, and they would eagerly go to war out of that hatred, because of what the Japanese did in ww2. It doesn't make sense to us but it does to them.

There are a lot of things in asians cultures that do not exist in ours, things we don't understand. Try getting an Asian to say no, they won't do it, because they will lose face.

It's been 30 years since I was there, but the ones I run into from time to time still see SE Asians as lower life forms.
    Usually sufferers of paraphilic infantilism are proud of their condition. Kinda like being a liberal. Your mental flaws are there for the entire world to see, and you're damned proud of it. - tank_monkey

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    Japan's not a nuclear power, but they've been building up their Self Defense Forces for years now. The problem is that they have to have a constitutional amendment which changes their military ability to offensive rather than defensive in order for them to take a more active role in RIMPAC exercises. Japan has top level navy and aircraft capability. They buy a lot of their stuff from the U.S. anyway.

The sucky issue is that we can't nuke North Korea without endangering (via radiation) a bunch of our own allies (like South korea and Japan). I'd be happy if we sent a bunch of conventional tomahawk and maverick missiles into the Presidential Palace in Pyong Yang. though
    Quote Originally Posted by BISHOP View Post
    MOABS and lots of them and JDAMS and lots of them.

BISHOP
    Nice ideas but China would react badly.
    I'd be more inclined to have a "saturation" bomb run (rolling thunder) from Korea's east coast (Sea of Japan) to their west coast (Yellow Sea), moving northward from the DMZ. These don't need to be bombs of enormous size as, except for the largest cities, nothing there is all that strong. They just need to put back in the Stone Age.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Thanks for the truth dart.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

The United States should be prepared to launch preemptive strikes on North Korea, including a nuclear attack if necessary, before the communist nation uses its nuclear bombs that could “kill 90 percent of Americans,” a former CIA chief said Wednesday.
    http://www.newsprepper.com/former-ci...kes-attack-us/

They're prepping the sheeple.
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"