Thread: Don Rickles Dies

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Don Rickles Dies

Another legendary comedian/actor died today of kidney failure. He was 90 years old.

The good, old time comics are almost gone now. There are very few young "comics" who are, actually, funny any more.

RIP, Don.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/don-rickles...181202538.html
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

I have his book. It is very good. I wanted it to be another three hundred pages. RIP

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

Remember! If they have to Cuss they are not Funny! Remember Danny Kaye! Remember the scene with him and a Knight and they are trying to remember which Glass had the Poison in it, I don't recall the Movie, but as they are walking to the King, there is a Magnet in their Armor, that keeps pulling them together. That was funny!
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

In Loving Memory of CW4. Paul E. Truitt 22-September, 1929, 23-February, 2018.

In Loving Memory of Montell W. Truitt 8 March, 1933, 3 June, 2021

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

I remember him. Seems like he did a lot of those "roasts" they used to have. Back in the day, Jerry Lewis, Foster Brooks, Red Skelton, Bob Hope, Phyllis Diller, Milton Berle, etc. Comedy really was king back in the day. I agree about the profanity. It can be funny but it gets old. I could watch the old guys and gals for hours even though the jokes could be pretty corny but people like Chris Rock I can only tolerate for a shot time. Ron White was the last one I saw perform in person and he wasn't too over the top with the language. I'd see him again.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Sad part of life is the end. Nice when someone can leave a positive mark on society, and Don Rickles left a great legacy.

"R.I.P. you hockey pucks!"
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

Exclamation

I found the Movie and the Scene. This was Funny! from 1956, Danny Kaye, The Court Jester. Only Robin Williams could have done something like this, Robin was the last of his Kind. I loved his Humor, and the Way he could Ad Liv. Kaye was also one of the Best.
    Last edited by Hobe Sound AK; 04-07-2017 at 07:29 PM.
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

In Loving Memory of CW4. Paul E. Truitt 22-September, 1929, 23-February, 2018.

In Loving Memory of Montell W. Truitt 8 March, 1933, 3 June, 2021