Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: We just launched 50 plus missles at Syria.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    Another take on this could be that everyone was counting on Trump following obama's lead and start apologizing for the use of the gas (I'm sure if obama were still in office, he'd find a way to make us responsible for this gas attack), instead he stuck first, without any warning, and caught everyone else with their pants down.... That could explain why the Russians seemed to not attempt to shoot down any missiles. They, simply, let their guard down figuring no one would ever launch a rocket attack on that base.
    They reported that we gave Russia 30 minutes notice before the strike so they could move their personnel and equipment from the target area.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Quote Originally Posted by jet3534 View Post
    It also shows that Trump lied when he said the following:

My foreign policy will always put the interests of the American people, and American security, above all else. That will be the foundation of every decision that I will make.

Assuming the nerve gas attack took place as is claimed, attacking an ally of Russia, in violation of the Constitution, with no tangible benefit to the U.S. other than demonstrating a concern for human rights, hardly puts the interests of the America people first. That is unless one sees jingoism as a virtue. Next we will probably see Trump implement the no fly zones and safe zones advocated by Mrs. Clinton.

Sorry if I seem too negative. I really did believe the things that Trump said while running and thought he would be different. Now reality has set in and it is depressing. Well actually reality started to set in with Trump's support for Obamacare Lite. That and signing a bill that will allow ISPs to sell customer browsing data. Probably tomorrow I will remove the Trump signs from my lawn.
    First, read what I wrote in my above post. Trump trumped Putin.

Second, if I am not mistaken, the War Powers Act gives the president emergency measures that Trump used.

Last, Trump did put American interests first. This display of force shows everyone there isn't an apologist in charge. With King Barack, cross the red line and another red line was drawn. With Trump, cross the red line and bleed.

At first this scared me, but after thinking about it, Putin cannot do anything in retaliation without coming out in favor of using Sarin Gas against women and children.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    First, read what I wrote in my above post. Trump trumped Putin.

Second, if I am not mistaken, the War Powers Act gives the president emergency measures that Trump used.

Last, Trump did put American interests first. This display of force shows everyone there isn't an apologist in charge. With King Barack, cross the red line and another red line was drawn. With Trump, cross the red line and bleed.

At first this scared me, but after thinking about it, Putin cannot do anything in retaliation without coming out in favor of using Sarin Gas against women and children.
    You know Russia already said their aircraft hit a well known isis arms dump wich contained chemical weapons, right?
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

With King Barack, cross the red line and another red line was drawn. With Trump, cross the red line and bleed.
    I'd like to amend this a little. With Trump, there will be no red line drawn. It's up to the enemy to figure out where the red line is.

Also, I'd like to add that the timing was perfect. China's leader was being wined and dined here when the launch was implemented. I'm sure the Chinese leader is seeing, firsthand, that Trump doesn't bluff. Maybe this will give him more incentive to get NK to calm down a little....
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    They reported that we gave Russia 30 minutes notice before the strike so they could move their personnel and equipment from the target area.
    I heard that on the news. However, 30 minutes isn't much time to empty a base of all your personnel and equipment before the missiles hit. They were, probably, so involved with leaving they had no time to do anything except get out. I can't imagine having only 30 minutes to empty an entire airbase.

If they paused to think about it, they'd be dead.

(IF obama had done this, he'd have given them a week's notice....just so no one would get hurt....)
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Lol like Russia or US is going to destroy the world over Syria..... no one really cares the base was evacuated everyone knew it was going happen....This is all a dog and pony show ....Look Trump can make Russia Trillions what can Syria do for them ? No we need to be at odds ,then make peace for the trump and Putin thing to be ok with the left .......Scare the shit out of them then make nice ..good plan .
    Last edited by abpt1; 04-07-2017 at 02:25 PM.

I'll admit that I was a little disappointed with the missile strike in Syria at first. It was mostly because I assumed that Trump was going to force Assad out of power with a continuous bombing campaign in Syria, the same way we ousted Gaddafi. I'm very pleased to say that this doesn't appear to be the case. I believe that Trump just wants Assad to quit using chemical weapons, and to find a political solution to the war in Syria. Rex Tillerson said that he wants regime change, but this might be a starting point for the negotiation process (you make high demands, your opponent low balls you, and eventually you meet somewhere in the middle). I think we might eventually see Assad getting an autonomous zone for himself and the Alawites, and the Sunnis and Kurds will get their own regions as well. I'm hopeful that this will eventually bring an end to the conflict relatively soon. The sooner the conflict ends, the sooner the refugees can go back to Syria.

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

Michael Savage Turns on Trump, Says Syrian Gas Attack Was False Flag Operation
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...flag-operation
    "And how we burned in the camps later thinking, what would things have been like, if every security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain, whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family?"

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

Why is it so hard to imagine someone like Assad using chemical weapons?

He's not had much luck using conventional weapons to regain his kingdom......why not use a terror weapon to show his enemies what he is capable of???

What's the point of having chemical weapons if you're not gonna use them?

Besides he's got Russia in his corner and the US prez is just a Russian toadie......who's gonna stop him?

Maybe a false-flag or perhaps a hard pressed and desperate dictator making a bad and ill-informed decision.

Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket???

I believe you are mistaken. There was no: 1) Declaration of war; 2) Statutory authorization; or 3) An attack upon the U.S., territories or possessions, or armed forces.

So here we have yet another President pissing on the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by weevil View Post
    Why is it so hard to imagine someone like Assad using chemical weapons?
    Before accepting claims about what Assad may have done or believing the Bush claims regarding Iraq I strongly recommend reading the following.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0010SIPZ8...ng=UTF8&btkr=1
    Last edited by jet3534; 04-09-2017 at 12:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56NATO View Post
    Michael Savage Turns on Trump, Says Syrian Gas Attack Was False Flag Operation
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...flag-operation
    Savage is a good man. On the other hand, I listened to Mark Levin for a few minutes the other night and it sounded like he was jerking off while talking about Trump's attack. This from a guy that has bashed Trump for months.

Savage is a good man. On the other hand, I listened to Mark Levin for a few minutes the other night and it sounded like he was jerking off while talking about Trump's attack. This from a guy that has bashed Trump for months.
    You know in your heart when America's enemies; killary, mcstain, netanyahu, the saudis, and isis, all praise Trump, something is wrong.

Before accepting claims about what Assad may have done or believing the Bush claims regarding Iraq I strongly recommend reading the following.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0010SIPZ8...ng=UTF8&btkr=1

Yeah and.......????

There's lots and lots of conspiracy theories and our govt is full of liars, crooks and assorted shady characters, as are nearly every other govt in the world.

How does this disprove that Bush was right when he said Saddam had shipped his chemical weapons off to Syria???

CNN reported in 2012 that America was involved in training the rebels to secure and monitor chemical weapons sites.

The United States and some European allies are using defense contractors to train Syrian rebels on how to secure chemical weapons stockpiles in Syria, a senior U.S. official and several senior diplomats told CNN Sunday.

The training, which is taking place in Jordan and Turkey, involves how to monitor and secure stockpiles and handle weapons sites and materials, according to the sources. Some of the contractors are on the ground in Syria working with the rebels to monitor some of the sites, according to one of the officials.
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...e-attack-assad

Saddam also sent his air force to Syria and Iran. Also, the un and 0bamaregime both said there were no nbc weapons in Syria after the Russian brokered chemical weapons removal avoided a US led attack on Syria. The last time nerve agents were used in Syria it was isis that messed up and leaked them, the chems being provided them by the saudis. And just like this time, the nwo and their patsy army isis blamed Assad.

Quote Originally Posted by weevil View Post
    Yeah and.......????

How does this disprove that Bush was right when he said Saddam had shipped his chemical weapons off to Syria???
    The book I recommended is in no way a conspiracy theory. It is a detailed history of the CIA going back to 1947 -- a history of one failure after another. With respect to Iraq they identified 946 sites containing weapons of mass destruction. Each one of these sites became a military target and at a cost of soldier's lives it was discovered that not one of these sites contained WMD.

But if you don't want to read the book then just read this.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_I...nce_Commission

In particular I like this quote from the above:

...chief among these flaws were "an analytical process that was driven by assumptions and inferences rather than data"

And with respect to WMD not destroyed they did not go to Syria as claimed by Bush.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_a...ration_Avarice
    Last edited by jet3534; 04-09-2017 at 12:20 PM.

The book I recommended is in no way a conspiracy theory. It is a detailed history of the CIA going back to 1947 -- a history of one failure after another. With respect to Iraq they identified 946 sites containing weapons of mass destruction. Each one of these sites became a military target and at a cost of soldier's lives it was discovered that not one of these sites contained WMD.

But if you don't want to read the book then just read this.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_I...nce_Commission

In particular I like this quote from the above:

...chief among these flaws were "an analytical process that was driven by assumptions and inferences rather than data"

And with respect to WMD not destroyed they did not go to Syria as claimed by Bush.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraq_a...ration_Avarice

"In 2015 it was learned that Iraq's weapons of mass destruction had not been fully accounted for by UN inspections.[13] Ten years after its inception, Operation Avarice was declassified and it was learned that there were stockpiles of warheads and rockets containing degraded chemical agents similar to those used in the Iran-Iraq War. From 2005 through 2006 military intelligence discovered that the weapons—many in poor condition, some empty or containing nonlethal liquid, but others containing sarin with unexpectedly high purity—were in the possession of one Iraqi individual who remained anonymous. Operation Avarice, headed by army intelligence and the CIA, involved the discreet purchase of the weapons from the unidentified individual to keep them off the black market.[13]"

Sounds to me like they have no idea what happened to all of Saddams WMDs and still don't.

So yeah some random guy had a chemical weapons stockpile he was selling.......where does it say that none were shipped or sold to Syria?
    Last edited by weevil; 04-09-2017 at 12:31 PM.

The mission resulted in the largest recovery of chemical weapons during the Iraq war. It was confirmed that these weapons were remnants of the Iraqi weapons program

Confirmed - Firmly Established.
    Remnant - A small remaining quantity. A surviving trace.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    Why would you believe anything Russia says?
    I don't "believe" anything that any news media reports.

But, sadly, if you read Russian news, you do see a lot more accurate (translation: politically incorrect) reporting on US affairs.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast