Thread: Northeastern Arms (Canada)

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 NewbieAKguy's Avatar

Northeastern Arms (Canada)

This is aimed mostly at the Canadian members of the group. What's Northeastern Arms' reputation? Have you handled one yourself and what did you think of it? I've done the Google search for reviews and best I could find was a mix of good and bad. Reason I ask is that I have a brother-in-law up there getting interested in firearms, mainly ARs, and I'm doing my best to help him out. Or can any other brand be bought up there, but sometimes it just has to be ordered specifically?

Thanks!

PS, I know he could get a S&W M&P Sport up there from Cabelas, but I'm still trying to figure out the whole "restricted" thing up there and what other makes/models are available up there he could get a store or at least have ordered.
    "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them. ... Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever."--Thomas Jefferson

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Never handled one personally. Don't even know anyone with one. I don't have an AR either due to the restricted thing. I have a norinco type 97 which is the same as far as I'm concerned. Same ammo and mags. It is non restricted so can hunt with it etc. Restricted firearms require special storage, special license and it is only allowed to be fired at a government approved range. With a non restricted you can just go shoot in the woods... (depending on local laws)
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 NewbieAKguy's Avatar

Thanks for the clarification. I told him the mini-14 fires the same round but I think he like the looks of the AR because of military/leo. Saw the norinco 97 at cabela's as well but since i have no experience with one I couldn't make a suggestion one way or the other. How has yours treated you? Reliability of mags?

Another question: can tube-fed shotguns have tube extensions?
    Last edited by NewbieAKguy; 04-13-2017 at 06:51 PM.
    "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them. ... Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever."--Thomas Jefferson