Thread: So I was in Walmart last night...

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

So I was in Walmart last night...

I got some stuff for the weekend and got in line with the other folks. In front of me was a nice 70ish older couple. The man and I talked and he said his wife is from Poland and thinks that gives her the ability to sniff the wind for war. He said she woke up with the need to stock up.
    Could be. Time will tell. Anyhoo, I am about as stocked as I can find room for and afford.
    Last edited by Altarboy; 04-15-2017 at 01:26 PM.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Regardless, it's always good to be prepared.

Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    I agree, I've been buying used panties off of craigslist like crazy

Dude.

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    Quote Originally Posted by Altarboy View Post
    Dude.
    I need something to dress all the mannequins in my bomb shelter.

I got some stuff for the weekend and got in line with the other folks. In front of me was a nice 70ish older couple. The man and I talked and he said his wife is from Poland and thinks that gives her the ability to sniff the wind for war. He said she woke up with the need to stock up.
    Could be. Time will tell. Anyhoo, I am about as stocked as I can find room for and afford.
    If you have stocks already, Why would you feel the need to stock up more? Just curious. There is the standard disaster prep, but we're not likely to get nuked any time soon. No nuclear power on the planet will touch us, lest they be wiped off the face of the earth, and little nuke countries, like Pakistan, India, France, Israel and Possibly NK only have a few to 'defend themselves'. No intercontinental ballistic missiles to reach fly over country. I'd fear an Ebola type natural plague before a chemical or bio attack launched by an established military power. So unless your farm is airtight, it's a moot point

If you're expecting the collapse of civilization, it will happen in the idiotic blue state areas (where I'm in) not in reliably red state areas

Not a challenge, just interested in your thoughts on what's prudent

Well I was just picking up some cereal, honey, brew, and grill fodder. My long term stuff is pretty decent already. I'm not James Wesley Rawles, but pretty set.

Well I was just picking up some cereal, honey, brew, and grill fodder. My long term stuff is pretty decent already. I'm not James Wesley Rawles, but pretty set.
    Being prepared is always a good thing. I take it you rotate your stock and use up the stuff that's gonna expire and replace it in a constantly rotating basis I find that kinda tedious but it is necessary I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    If you have stocks already, Why would you feel the need to stock up more? Just curious. There is the standard disaster prep, but we're not likely to get nuked any time soon. No nuclear power on the planet will touch us, lest they be wiped off the face of the earth, and little nuke countries, like Pakistan, India, France, Israel and Possibly NK only have a few to 'defend themselves'. No intercontinental ballistic missiles to reach fly over country. I'd fear an Ebola type natural plague before a chemical or bio attack launched by an established military power. So unless your farm is airtight, it's a moot point

If you're expecting the collapse of civilization, it will happen in the idiotic blue state areas (where I'm in) not in reliably red state areas

Not a challenge, just interested in your thoughts on what's prudent
    Honestly, I'm concerned about a possible Russian/American conflict over Syria. It's pretty clear that Putin is not going to abandon Assad, even after his use of chemical weapons (I think the Russians also knew Assad still had chemical weapons, how could they be stationed at that air base and not know about them?) It may be small and limited like in Ukraine or the Russian-Georgian War of 2008, but you never know how quickly things could escalate.
    Last edited by Justin; 04-16-2017 at 01:51 AM.