Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Now That O'Reilly is Gone How Long Til FNC Crashes & Burns?

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

Here it comes! They're starting in on Hannity:

http://www.1170kfaq.com/shows/pat-ca...ual-harassment

Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Yep, this has worked twice so I see it being used more and more. All that is needed is an accusation and the male if guilty until positive evidence is provided for innocence. Since the only evidence is a woman's testimony positive evidence is impossible to provide. The media has spent the last couple of years showing "a pattern of sexual harassment", again based on accusations, not evidence (at least not that I have seen or read about) at Fox to bolster the standing of the women making these accusations. This will continue until all anchors that pull back the veil on liberal actions are removed. I expect to see this started on other outlets besides Fox as well. Liberals are nothing if not predictable. Once they find a strategy that works they will do the same thing until it doesn't work again.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    Yep, this has worked twice so I see it being used more and more. All that is needed is an accusation and the male if guilty until positive evidence is provided for innocence. Since the only evidence is a woman's testimony positive evidence is impossible to provide. The media has spent the last couple of years showing "a pattern of sexual harassment", again based on accusations, not evidence (at least not that I have seen or read about) at Fox to bolster the standing of the women making these accusations. This will continue until all anchors that pull back the veil on liberal actions are removed. I expect to see this started on other outlets besides Fox as well. Liberals are nothing if not predictable. Once they find a strategy that works they will do the same thing until it doesn't work again.

Well he and Fox have spent at least $13 million in settlements to 5 different accusers. Seems like a lot of money to spend to keep a bunch of "false" accusations quiet.

This isn't something that just suddenly popped up out of nowhere. It's been an on going problem for at least 15 years that Fox and O'Reilly have spent millions on trying to keep it hushed up.

Like most serial offenders when they get away with it they don't stop, they simply continue and become more and more brazen. Well it finally boiled over and his enemies had a powerful weapon to use against him. If he would have learned his lesson the first time he got caught and straightened the fuck up he wouldn't be in this position now.
    Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket???

Quote Originally Posted by weevil View Post
    Well he and Fox have spent at least $13 million in settlements to 5 different accusers. Seems like a lot of money to spend to keep a bunch of "false" accusations quiet.

This isn't something that just suddenly popped up out of nowhere. It's been an on going problem for at least 15 years that Fox and O'Reilly have spent millions on trying to keep it hushed up.

Like most serial offenders when they get away with it they don't stop, they simply continue and become more and more brazen. Well it finally boiled over and his enemies had a powerful weapon to use against him. If he would have learned his lesson the first time he got caught and straightened the fuck up he wouldn't be in this position now.
    Settlements do not mean the event occurred or that it did not occur. It could be that but many suits like this, especially where it is a she said/he said situation, settlements to keep the accusations quiet are less expensive that taking the accuser to court. This is because, not only are the legal fees expensive, but the business costs (lost revenue just because an accusation is made, as we are seeing now) is more expensive than just paying a settlement. These things that O'Reilly, Ailes, and now Hannity are accused of are illegal (sexual harassment, discrimination, and at worst, assault). It is interesting to me that the accusers sought financial remedies vice reporting a crime to the police where it could be investigated and taken to court where the perpetrators, if there were any, could be punished.

I just read an article in the NY Times, I think it was, where the lawyer for O'Reilly's accusers was bragging that she was listening to O'Reilly state that if these things had happened why were there no complaints filed with Fox's EEO office. She said that when she heard that she called her client and had her file an complaint with the EEO office so that O'Reilly could not say that any more (which is actually a great point, the accuser could have made an anonymous complaint but did not). As with most things like this, I am not convinced that it happened and I am not convinced it did not happen but because we assume the accused is not guilty of the crime until found guilty by a jury of their peers and in the absence of any evidence, I will not condemn the accused.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

NRA Endowment Member

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 weevil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    Settlements do not mean the event occurred or that it did not occur. It could be that but many suits like this, especially where it is a she said/he said situation, settlements to keep the accusations quiet are less expensive that taking the accuser to court. This is because, not only are the legal fees expensive, but the business costs (lost revenue just because an accusation is made, as we are seeing now) is more expensive than just paying a settlement. These things that O'Reilly, Ailes, and now Hannity are accused of are illegal (sexual harassment, discrimination, and at worst, assault). It is interesting to me that the accusers sought financial remedies vice reporting a crime to the police where it could be investigated and taken to court where the perpetrators, if there were any, could be punished.

I just read an article in the NY Times, I think it was, where the lawyer for O'Reilly's accusers was bragging that she was listening to O'Reilly state that if these things had happened why were there no complaints filed with Fox's EEO office. She said that when she heard that she called her client and had her file an complaint with the EEO office so that O'Reilly could not say that any more (which is actually a great point, the accuser could have made an anonymous complaint but did not). As with most things like this, I am not convinced that it happened and I am not convinced it did not happen but because we assume the accused is not guilty of the crime until found guilty by a jury of their peers and in the absence of any evidence, I will not condemn the accused.

For an innocent man he sure is going quietly.

You would think an innocent man wrongly accused would at some point stand up to his accusers and say "enough is enough" my career is on the line and I'm not going to just keep giving them hush money....especially when it's become public knowledge anyway. If you're innocent and you know it then make them prove it in court.

At what point does an innocent man stop paying off blackmailers and prove his innocence in a court of law???

Why spend millions on hush money, legal fees surely aren't that much, if you're innocent and you know it?

As for the accusers.....well you can take him to court and see justice be done or not and either way get nothing, or walk away with several million $$$ to keep quiet about the whole thing. Keep in mind you'll be up against the best lawyers money can buy and it's just a "he said/she said" thing that'll be tough to prove in court, when you're making your decision to pursue this or take the money.

Maybe he is an innocent man wrongly accused by money hungry bitches, but if so why isn't he demanding his day in court to prove it?
    Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket???

Maybe he is an innocent man wrongly accused by money hungry bitches, but if so why isn't he demanding his day in court to prove it?
    Because, as both of us know, and this case is proving, a man accused of a sexual crime is guilty until proven innocent. I think I would rather go to court, myself, but he is not me. And even if he did go to court and prove his innocence (and remember, in court you are not found innocent, only not guilty) he will forever be remembered as having been accused of X sexual crime. A great example is Justice Thomas. The accusation against him were beaten back and shown to be salacious but what is one of the first things reported about him and what do most Americans remember about him? That he was appointed to the Supreme Court after having been accused of sexual misconduct. In fact, in the new Smithsonian African American Museum his accuser gets a display for her heroism in stepping forward while there is no display for him.

NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    He is not a conservative, I tuned out a long time ago. He would ban AR15s and AK rifles etc. He does seem to be a perv and was constantly getting into trouble sexually with women. Not going to miss him. I'll Take Tucker any day over Bill.
    exactly.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

All of these accusations and firings are nothing more than Leftists making their move on a relatively conservative media. They are moving to change it (Fox) to a more liberal station. The only way to do that is get rid of the conservatives.

So, those who are conservative are, now, targets.

BTW, the owners of FOX are ultra-liberal and hate conservatives.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Maybe there are some problems with Bill harassing women but what bothers me is it seems like any women can make whatever claim they want true or not and people tend to believe what she says if it is related to sexual harassment and assume the man is guilty. They could have been cases of infidelity where the woman was just as guilty as the guy and things don't work out, 10, 15 years later when the guy is making tons of money the woman makes claims like this. Don't you think that if there was true sexual harassment then it would be on record some where when it actually happened? Not a peep until 10+ years later takes a bit of wind out of their sails IMO.

If he really is guilty of harassment then he needs to pay the piper but the system is rigged against men.

Quote Originally Posted by sevlex View Post
    You do know that the Murdoch boys are dems & very progressive, don't you? Their plan is to take FNC in the direction of CNN & MSNBS.

If the silver spoon Murdoch boys get there way and move Fox to the left then they will destroy Fox as a company. Did the dumb asses ever think maybe there is a connection with the right leaning content of Fox and why it is the most popular cable news station? Morons.

I don't know if he is innocent or not but $13 million for a company like Fox and a talking head bringing in over $120 million a year or so in revenue is pocket change.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
    Maybe there are some problems with Bill harassing women but what bothers me is it seems like any women can make whatever claim they want true or not and people tend to believe what she says if it is related to sexual harassment and assume the man is guilty. They could have been cases of infidelity where the woman was just as guilty as the guy and things don't work out, 10, 15 years later when the guy is making tons of money the woman makes claims like this. Don't you think that if there was true sexual harassment then it would be on record some where when it actually happened? Not a peep until 10+ years later takes a bit of wind out of their sails IMO.

If he really is guilty of harassment then he needs to pay the piper but the system is rigged against men.

If the silver spoon Murdoch boys get there way and move Fox to the left then they will destroy Fox as a company. Did the dumb asses ever think maybe there is a connection with the right leaning content of Fox and why it is the most popular cable news station? Morons.

I don't know if he is innocent or not but $13 million for a company like Fox and a talking head bringing in over $120 million a year or so in revenue is pocket change.
    According to Hitlary, women SHOULD be heard, and bleieved, when they make claims like this.

However, Hitlary's view on this only applies to any other man EXCEPT Bill. Everyone knows that Bill's accusers all lied about his actions.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

Whaddayaknow, they just forced out Co-President Bill Shine.

How long til Hannity goes?
    Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

Quote Originally Posted by sevlex View Post
    Whaddayaknow, they just forced out Co-President Bill Shine.

How long til Hannity goes?
    Shine has only been co-president since last summer when he replaced Roger Ailes. Not like he was there for any real length of time. So far, it doesn't look like they're gonna go after Hannity.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12