Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mossberg Shock Wave.

Mossberg Shock Wave.

Well, looks like I will be getting one today or tomorrow. I casually stepped into the LGS and inquired about one. Dealer called me the next day said that he could get one for me. That was Friday. Not that I needed it, but why not?

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Congrats in advance. I was out looking for one on Saturday but no one had one in stock. form what I've been reading they are selling for around $413-$425 OTD depending on local sales tax.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    Congrats in advance. I was out looking for one on Saturday but no one had one in stock. form what I've been reading they are selling for around $413-$425 OTD depending on local sales tax.

My dealer called two different places. He was able to order one from the less expensive one. I will be otd for around 375.00. Like I said, didn't need it, but what the heck. Might be a good truck gun, or home defense.

I saw one last week.
    Well made, was impressed for what is just a better finished 500.
    I was disappointed that it's just a cylinder bore and not a full or extra full choke, or at least a removable choke.

With the short barrel and no choke you CAN hit the broad side of a barn because that's the pattern at 20 ft.
    Or it is with my sawed off... no choke at all.

BISHOP
    Last edited by BISHOP; 11-12-2017 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by El Duce View Post
    Well, looks like I will be getting one today or tomorrow. I casually stepped into the LGS and inquired about one. Dealer called me the next day said that he could get one for me. That was Friday. Not that I needed it, but why not?
    I actually had to go look it up lol ..Thats cool fucking 14in smh I think I need one too !!! ...Oh and yesterday I unfollowed some crazy libtart on my page and then checking my unfollowed links on FB and you were in there? Im not sure how that happened but I added you back to my active feed sorry if I wasn't responding to anything I didnt see it ...no idea ?

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Funny, ATF does not classify it as an NFA weapon. Now if I can only convince them that a true Avtomat Kalashnikova is a home defense rifle and not an NFA item!

? What is it? It is you thread..........
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by BISHOP View Post
    I saw one last week.
    Well made, was impressed for what is just a better finished 500.
    I was disappointed that it's just a cylinder bore and not a full or extra full choke, or at least a removable choke.

With the short barrel and no choke you CAN hit the broad side of a barn because that's the pattern at 20 ft.
    Or it is with my sawed off... no choke at all.

BISHOP
    Clint Smith has a YouTube video testing one. At 10 yards the 2.75" 00 buck is grouping maybe 10" pattern.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fM_sqSTg2v8
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    ? What is it? It is you thread..........

I should have posted more information. Though the video that Richard posted says it all. I wasn't able to stop by the LGS today. Just busy today. But, I am sure that he would have called if it came in. I will upload some pictures when I do get it.

https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...590-shockwave/

That is SO COOL. But I figure California has already banned it.

But which shotguns are considered Short-Barrel Shotguns (SBS)? According to the ATF website, an NFA regulated shotgun is:

(1) a shotgun having a barrel or barrels of less than 18 inches in length;
    (2) a weapon made from a shotgun if such weapon as modified has an overall length of less than 26 inches or a barrel or barrels of less than 18 inches in length;

This means a receiver fitted with a shoulder stock and an 18" or longer barrel when it's built at the factory is considered by the ATF to be a “shotgun.”

Shortening a shotgun's barrel to less than 18" changes its legal qualification to Short-Barrel Shotgun, making it an NFA-regulated item that requires a $200 tax stamp and all of that lovely ATF paperwork. If a shotgun's shoulder stock is removed and replaced with a pistol grip resulting in an overall length less than 26" (even if the barrel is 18" or longer) the shotgun's legal status changes to Any Other Weapon (AOW). An AOW requires a $5 tax stamp instead of a $200 stamp, but the paperwork and process remain the same.

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...590-shockwave/

Bear in mind this is not a shortened or modified shotgun. It was never manufactured with a stock nor will a Mossberg stock fit on it. It's manufactured as a "firearm" only.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

Plus as I have heard/read, it does not have a "pistol" grip. But a birds head. Or what they call it. it is non NFA item.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Yep, one of those stranger than unconstitutional rulings that it doesn't fall into any category, so no blackmail fees.

Yet.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

That is SO COOL. But I figure California has already banned it. [/QUOTE]

From discussions I've seen on calguns is a sbs per state law, sucks I want one too.

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    From discussions I've seen on calguns is a sbs per state law, sucks I want one too.[/QUOTE]

Yep, California ALREADY bans any shotgun with a barrel length of less than 18" regardless of whether it was built that way at the factory or not. It considers any and all Shotguns or firearms capable of firing a shotgun shell, with a barrel length of less than 18" or an overall length of 26" (30" if it's auto loading) as an SBS. They were clever (or diabolical) in that they weren't taking any chances.

Well, I stopped by to pick it up today. Looks like Thursday is the magic day. LGS had a trade in Remington Rand .45. But it had been re-parked and given a trigger job...All for 1200.00. Looks like it killed the collector value. The gun was pitted, and the guy that parked it, wanted to "preserve" it. I feel that it would have been worth the money if unmolested.

That's a shame about the RR. Have you checked on the adapter for the Shockwave for shooting the mini-shot shells? Most new owners must be getting by just fine without it. It's only supposed to cost $15 and they call it the Mini-Clip. Don't see it on Mossberg's site but found this.

https://www.amazon.com/OPSol-Mini-Clip/dp/B01F5REBUM

http://www.opsolmini-clip.com
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

Mine is a 12.5"barrel and with #6 birdshot the pattern is huge.

I once shot one of those flechett rds at a 6x6 ft cardboard target and only found one mark in the target (shooting at about 20 ft). I never found where any of them went.

BISHOP

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Simmons View Post
    That's a shame about the RR. Have you checked on the adapter for the Shockwave for shooting the mini-shot shells? Most new owners must be getting by just fine without it. It's only supposed to cost $15 and they call it the Mini-Clip. Don't see it on Mossberg's site but found this.

https://www.amazon.com/OPSol-Mini-Clip/dp/B01F5REBUM

http://www.opsolmini-clip.com

I saw on a different forum where the shotshells were being discussed. I haven't really thought about it. I have heard that they are more expensive. So I am not sure of the advantage.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast