Thread: Back to Basics

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Thumbs up Back to Basics

Thought that a change was in order today so decided to forgo the G19 and P32 for this S&W M10-7 and M49. It's kind of nice to go back to the basics and I don't feel undergunned,

Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Couple of nice classics you have there!

Old skool w/ Tyler T-grips. Very nice.
    Face your fear, accept your war.

Thank you both. I've been a T-grip fan for years. Another pairing I thing would be kind of neat is this 3" taper barrel Model 36 (even though I added a T-Grip it is still unfired)

And this beautiful 6" Model 10-5. This one would need a shoulder rig for Concealed carry.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Blasts from the past. Nice collection!

Alway fun to go to the back of the rack.

I went back to the basics today myself, shooting a Ruger P-89 that I probably haven't shot in 30 years. Shot about 100 rounds without problem. The P-89 for me is more or less accurate and 100% reliable but for some reason seems to have a sort of clunky feel. I don't figure to live another 30 years so this may have been the last shooting trip for this gun. On the next trip to the gun range the Ruger Security Six will come out of the safe.

As an aside, 115 grain 9mm Blazer ammo out of the 5 inch Ruger would not knock down the reset bar on the metal plate target I was shooting, yet the same ammo out of my carry gun (Glock 26) would so apparently the touted Glock rifling does improve velocity.

**Team GunsNet SILVER 12/2014** skorpion's Avatar

Nice wheel guns. It's hard to beat the natural beauty of certain wood and blued-steel firearms.
    The pen is mightier than the sword, but only when you're shoving it through your enemy's throat.
    USMC Active Duty, 2004-2008
    Gunsnet Member since January 2003

Quote Originally Posted by skorpion View Post
    Nice wheel guns. It's hard to beat the natural beauty of certain wood and blued-steel firearms.
    Thank you. I would tend to agree.

However, sometimes stainless steel and wood can be quite the nice pairing too.

USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068