Thread: Went to the NRA Convention in Atlanta - Photos Inside.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Cool Went to the NRA Convention in Atlanta - Photos Inside.

Didn't get to spend as much time at it as I wanted. Didn't get to any of the conferences or presentations. Just mostly walked the 15 acres of exhibits looking at all the gun candy. I can't think of one manufacturer that was not there. I saw most of the big names; Magpul, DPMS, S&W, Colt, Noveske, LWRC, Beretta, Sig, Nikon, Leupold, ATN, Geissele, Remington, Henry Rifles, Mossberg, Sierra Bullets, Buffalo Bore, RCBS, Dillon on and on. Too many to mention. Decided to put a copy of this post in General Discussion.

So here are a few random photos from the Convention Exhibit floor. Oh and I got to meet Hickok45. I ran into him walking in to the convention center and when we got in side, we did the photo op. BTW, all photos are from my Samsung Galaxy S8 phone I got a week ago.

Hickock45 and me.

Auto Ordnance pimped out gold plated Thompson with tiger stripe pattern. The magazine looks like Damascus steel pattern.

The sig MPX 9 mm pistol with telescoping Sig brace system. This thing is an NFA killer. I want it so bad!

Vies of the exhibit floor, 600,000 square feet. This only shows maybe half of it. Reminds me of Shot Show.

A Henry rifle in .45-70 and suppressed.

The DPMS GII .308 AR type rifle diagram.

One of the first things I ran into coming onto the exhibit hall floor. Impractical but I wouldn't mind having one.
    Last edited by Schuetzenman; 04-29-2017 at 09:39 PM.

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Dude that is cool. The convention in Nashville was a year or so ago and a buddy of mine went. He got his pic with Wayne LaPierre, Nuge, and a bunch of others. I need to learn to deal with crowds better.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Glad you had such a good time, hard not to. I went to the convention when it was here in Indy a couple of years ago. All I could say is WOW!!! Gun lover's paradise!!!!!

Yeah it is a Gun Lover's paradise. I can't think of any company that was not there and found a few new ones as well, though don't ask me which ones.

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

I recall the Orlando Show in 1997. It was a Great Show. Paul
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

In Loving Memory of CW4. Paul E. Truitt 22-September, 1929, 23-February, 2018.

In Loving Memory of Montell W. Truitt 8 March, 1933, 3 June, 2021

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

Looks like fun.
    Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

Did you hear any talk about suppressors becoming title one? Non NFA? Local buddy of mine went to the SHOT show, and he told me that just about everyone is wanting to get into the manufacturing game. In anticipation of the change.

Quote Originally Posted by El Duce View Post
    Did you hear any talk about suppressors becoming title one? Non NFA? Local buddy of mine went to the SHOT show, and he told me that just about everyone is wanting to get into the manufacturing game. In anticipation of the change.
    Yeah you hear things but nothing is really happening. It would be nice not to pay a $200 buck extortion tax and then have to wait nearly a year for government drones to approve your rights.

Quote Originally Posted by sevlex View Post
    Looks like fun.
    They are. This was the 4th one I've been to over the years.

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2011 Sherman's Avatar

Shuetzdude, thanks for the photos. Looks like a blast. That suppressed .45-70 is pretty damn awesome.

Team GunsNet Bronze 10/2014

i was there on saturday. great show. it was my 3rd convention. since the last 3 were close to my house. anyone who gets a chance should go. next year may be a bit far for me.

Exclamation

Guys! They are never going to change the Law on Silencers! The real name of the Item! All you have to do is watch the scene in White House Down! Where the Terrorists take down the S.S. and everyone else, with Silencers on their Pistols. Don't get me wrong! Everyone should own what they can legally do so. However! As much as I love Sub machine Guns and Assault Rifles, You don't need a Silencer to sneak up on a Deer or Bear! True they would be great for Indoor Ranges! But we all know Silencers are used by Hit men and Assassins, and our Military, they need Stealth! Imanage if you had a Silencer legally! Every Lawman in your County would pay you a visit! Where did this word Suppressor come from? I have always known them to be Silencers. Remember the Man from U.N.C.L.E.?
    Last edited by Hobe Sound AK; 05-04-2017 at 02:52 PM.
    Honored Nephew, of RM2. Robert E. Truitt, CA-35, U.S.S. Indianapolis, 30-July, 1945.

Question

Perhaps I should add to my Post, I am not anti-Silencer, but, I am surprised the Government would even allow us to own one! I figure we are lucky just to have Full Auto weapons. I could just see your local Chief of Police, or Sheriff asking you why do you need a silencer? Trying to change the name to suppressor so as to make it sound not too Evil does not make a difference to Feds. Other than Rifle Range Noise, why would you need one? Not being a Hunter, I would ask, does it make a difference? in the Kill? let me hear from you Hunters, is it easier to kill the Deer, or Bear, if he can't hear the Round coming?