Thread: Trump administration tries to sell the spending bill as a victory

Trump administration tries to sell the spending bill as a victory

Idk about you guys, but I think this is a COMPLETE AND TOTAL LOSS for Trump and his base. The only thing this bill is doing is replacing garbage "Wall," with something that's a little more effective. The best thing to do is go nuclear on spending bills IMO. Obama always got what he wanted in his spending bills, despite the Republicans efforts and shutdowns. If we continue to allow illegal immigrants into this country, then WE ARE SCREWED. The reason California is a liberal cesspool is because the latinos OVERRAN that state, and they now OUTNUMBER the conservatives. WE HAVE TO SECURE THE BORDER IF WE WANT TO SAVE OUR SECOND AMENDMENT RIGHTS! The same goes for the rest of the Constitution as well.

The bloodsuckers running this country will bleed us dry in the long run. I guess we now have two chances to get a wall, i.e., slim and none.

First the Republican party sandbagged the Tea Party movement and now they have apparently sandbagged Trump.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

From what I understand, this spending bill was Obama's. He should have passed it last October before he left office, but didn't.

The REAL test is going to be the spending bill that comes out this October (for next year). That bill will be all Trump's. People need to wait until that bill comes before saying Trump lost anything.

The biggest triumph on this bill was the parity part where we no longer have to match dollars spent on the military to that spent on social programs. The Dems lost this on this bill. That was a huge social leech that was eliminated.

Trump's not stupid. He's still learning how things work and figuring ways to work around them, or eliminate them. All of his promises can't be fulfilled in the first 100 days. I say instead of judging him on his first 100 days, wait until his first year is up before starting to call him to task.....

Remember, neither the Dems, nor the DC elite are going to do anything to help him succeed. He's going to have to succeed without much help. Hopefully, before the year is up, he'll get most of the Repubs in line behind him and then the juggernaut will roll.

Anyway, it's way too early to see many positive results. They'll come.... Rome wasn't built in one day and the DC swamp can't be drained in a day, either.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    From what I understand, this spending bill was Obama's. He should have passed it last October before he left office, but didn't.

The REAL test is going to be the spending bill that comes out this October (for next year). That bill will be all Trump's. People need to wait until that bill comes before saying Trump lost anything.

The biggest triumph on this bill was the parity part where we no longer have to match dollars spent on the military to that spent on social programs. The Dems lost this on this bill. That was a huge social leech that was eliminated.

Trump's not stupid. He's still learning how things work and figuring ways to work around them, or eliminate them. All of his promises can't be fulfilled in the first 100 days. I say instead of judging him on his first 100 days, wait until his first year is up before starting to call him to task.....

Remember, neither the Dems, nor the DC elite are going to do anything to help him succeed. He's going to have to succeed without much help. Hopefully, before the year is up, he'll get most of the Repubs in line behind him and then the juggernaut will roll.

Anyway, it's way too early to see many positive results. They'll come.... Rome wasn't built in one day and the DC swamp can't be drained in a day, either.
    My frustration is with the fact that the Democrats WASTED NO TIME WHEN THEY TOOK POWER IN 2009 in ramming their bills through Congress. The Republicans right now are ASLEEP AT THE WHEEL, and LETTING THE DEMOCRATS CONTINUE TO WIN! I WANT TO WIN RIGHT NOW!

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

The republicans in control are just as bad as the dems. Rand Paul is good, the rest are garbage. I think Trump is on our side but is just completely outgunned at the moment. when the inevitable monetary collapse happens hopefully he can control the narrative and lay the blame where it belongs at the feet of the central bankers and their cronies in intelligence, media, and cronyist industry. Hopefully this occurs before the deep state can pull off a super 9/11.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    My frustration is with the fact that the Democrats WASTED NO TIME WHEN THEY TOOK POWER IN 2009 in ramming their bills through Congress. The Republicans right now are ASLEEP AT THE WHEEL, and LETTING THE DEMOCRATS CONTINUE TO WIN! I WANT TO WIN RIGHT NOW!

Because Trump and Rand Paul are almost the only ones not in on it.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    The republicans in control are just as bad as the dems. Rand Paul is good, the rest are garbage. I think Trump is on our side but is just completely outgunned at the moment. when the inevitable monetary collapse happens hopefully he can control the narrative and lay the blame where it belongs at the feet of the central bankers and their cronies in intelligence, media, and cronyist industry. Hopefully this occurs before the deep state can pull off a super 9/11.
    I think Ted Cruz is a good guy too; at least he introduced the EL CHAPO bill, and is a solid defender of the Second Amendment. As far as Trump is concerned; I fear that he might completely abandon Steve Bannon, and will listen to Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump (both complete liberals).

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2011 Sherman's Avatar

Relax. It is all about strategy. Some things need to go through Congress in order to put the writing into stone. So a little bipartisan support is needed. Politics is give a little and take a little. Take too much and have the entire congress and the country hate you and be possibly impeached. Our country is in a very fragile state because of the prior admin and the biased media. Shutting the gov down a little after 100 days is just what the liberals want. Let's do a lot of little steps on important issues to form the foundation for the liberal head exploding big issues like the border wall. There is a lot of work to be done, do it wrong (by EO) and have the next guy reverse it by EO. I want permanent results.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman View Post
    Relax. It is all about strategy. Some things need to go through Congress in order to put the writing into stone. So a little bipartisan support is needed. Politics is give a little and take a little. Take too much and have the entire congress and the country hate you and be possibly impeached. Our country is in a very fragile state because of the prior admin and the biased media. Shutting the gov down a little after 100 days is just what the liberals want. Let's do a lot of little steps on important issues to form the foundation for the liberal head exploding big issues like the border wall. There is a lot of work to be done, do it wrong (by EO) and have the next guy reverse it by EO. I want permanent results.
    How do you expect to get permanent results if the wall is never going to be funded? You do realize that 2018 and 2020 will be an ABSOLUTE BLOODBATH for the GOP if they don't build the wall right? It won't be because the Democrats are popular, it will be because Trump's base will be VERY DISSATISFIED with the Republicans. Toss in a Democrat Presidential victory in 2020, and Amnesty; then you're left with the GOP NEVER WINNING AGAIN. The GOP will become the current Democrat Party (it already feels like it is), and the Democrats will turn into FULL ON Communists.

You can have all the tantrums you want but DO YOU KNOW WHY THE DEMOCRATS CAN DO WHAT THEY DO???????

It is because ALL, FUCKING ALL I SAID, ALL OF THE FUCKERS ARE COMMUNIST. And are in group think. And as such vote in a block.

THAT is the only reason.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

I have heard El Rushbo say many times that the Republican party is so used to being losers that can't stop thinking like losers. The Republican leadership is bought and paid for and the rest of them are still thinking like losers.

The biggest threat to our country is the ongoing invasion from Mexico and Central America. Demographics is the key.

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    You can have all the tantrums you want but DO YOU KNOW WHY THE DEMOCRATS CAN DO WHAT THEY DO???????

It is because ALL, FUCKING ALL I SAID, ALL OF THE FUCKERS ARE COMMUNIST. And are in group think. And as such vote in a block.

THAT is the only reason.
    Norman Thomas.jpg 'Nuf said?
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Sums it up to me. I have been watching the creep for 35 years.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

How do you expect to get permanent results if the wall is never going to be funded? You do realize that 2018 and 2020 will be an ABSOLUTE BLOODBATH for the GOP if they don't build the wall right? It won't be because the Democrats are popular, it will be because Trump's base will be VERY DISSATISFIED with the Republicans. Toss in a Democrat Presidential victory in 2020, and Amnesty; then you're left with the GOP NEVER WINNING AGAIN. The GOP will become the current Democrat Party (it already feels like it is), and the Democrats will turn into FULL ON Communists.
    It's been what, 103 day? That's a long way from "never". Are we already talking about loosing in the next election?
    Last edited by Richard Simmons; 05-03-2017 at 05:23 PM.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell