Thread: Gander Mountain announces all stores closing

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.

Gander Mountain announces all stores closing

Got the email a few minutes ago. First it was a few stores, now all. The actual headline for the email is: "Liquidating prices. Preparing for a new Gander Mountain" so maybe another reorganization.

While I was disappointed that the change in management a few years back took their store from a firearm store with clothing to a sort of clothing, sort of fishing, sort of sort of store with expensive firearms as an almost afterthought.

Before the management change they had some good prices, and firearms were arranged in a way that you could actually look at them, which means fondle them as I like to say. After the new management took over, the firearms got put back along a wall with a counter blocking them, and only could you see one if you asked, assuming there was someone there to get it to you.

Again, before change I purchases several firearms there, after change, zip.

Oh well. Call amazon or googleit..........
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Heard but not confirmed that Outdoor World will be taking over what is left after the liquidation sale. That could be what they mean but "the new Gander Mountain".

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Got the email a few minutes ago. First it was a few stores, now all. The actual headline for the email is: "Liquidating prices. Preparing for a new Gander Mountain" so maybe another reorganization.

While I was disappointed that the change in management a few years back took their store from a firearm store with clothing to a sort of clothing, sort of fishing, sort of sort of store with expensive firearms as an almost afterthought.

Before the management change they had some good prices, and firearms were arranged in a way that you could actually look at them, which means fondle them as I like to say. After the new management took over, the firearms got put back along a wall with a counter blocking them, and only could you see one if you asked, assuming there was someone there to get it to you.

Again, before change I purchases several firearms there, after change, zip.
    Exactly! Can't add to this as this is what happened here, too.

I haven't bought anything from them in the past 2-3 years. Maybe this change will be for the better.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars