Thread: Mauser Model 2000

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Question Mauser Model 2000

Ran across a Mauser 2000 rifle in 30.06 with a Leupold 3x9 scope. The serial # is in the 79000 range. I've found a couple like it using Google, even the same scope so I'm wondering if they were imported and sold as a rifle/scope combo?

Anyway the stock fits me perfectly, love the caliber, scope is nice and clear and the rifle overall seems very well made. My questions are as follows:

When was this made and or imported and what's it worth? The LGS has a price of $799 which I think is too high based on their usual pricing on firearms I do have knowledge of. TIA
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

If its what I think it is. Its a Heym made in the 1970s. The rifle would be close to that value if in really good shape, that would be full value though. You aren't getting a bargain. I wouldn't feel overly compelled to buy it at this price unless i really really wanted it. I also wouldn't trust the scope if it is the same vintage of the rifle though.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38